Bishop Montgomery High School located in Torrance, California, is considering applications for High School Chemistry & Biology Teacher for 2023/2024 academic school year.
Primary Functions: To provide, as a member of the Science department staff, a comprehensive Chemistry & Biology curriculum program for students in grades 9-12. The candidate should specifically provide instruction to meet the needs of assigned classes; consult with the administration, and fellow Science department chair & teachers, to enhance the student’s curricular growth.
Major Job Responsibilities: Implement the high school Chemistry & Biology curriculum through delivery of classroom instruction; participate in the intervention process for students in need; plan appropriate lessons, pursue continuous professional growth, and attend all required meetings/in-service days.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Science teaching credential preferred
- At least three (3) years teaching experience in high school science
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with students, parents, and school personnel
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and complete by due dates
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
- Must demonstrate sensitivity towards students from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with teenagers and their parents
- Ability to maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs (aeries, canvas, google classroom)
- A statement of interest and philosophy of education (no more than one page)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 2 references with contact information
- All materials should be sent electronically to Ms. Pam Altobelli, Human Resources Director, email@example.com (310) 540-2021 ext. 228.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Bishop Montgomery High School (Torrance)
5430 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA firstname.lastname@example.org