The Athletic Director is appointed by the Principal and reports directly to the Principal. The Athletic Director is responsible for the effective administration of the school’s athletic programs. All coaches of the school teams, as well as support personnel, are responsible to the Athletic Director in the exercise of their duties. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
1. Supervises and formally evaluates the all head coaches, and, with their assistance, evaluates the assistant coaching staff.
2. Conducts initial interviews to fill coaching vacancies; makes final decision regarding the hiring and firing of all coaches and athletic staff in conjunction with the Principal.
3. Verifies that those who drive school vehicles are appropriately licensed, and that all
members of the athletic staff have completed the required school mandated screenings and workshops.
4. Maintains personnel files for all coaches with verified documents and certifications as
5. Conduct post season coach’s evaluation addressing the pros and cons of the season and preparation or the next season.
6. Conducts pre-season and post season meetings for every coaching staff regarding school and CIF Southern Section/CYO expectations, especially with respect to sportsman and student recruitments.
7. Sees that all coaches abide by the academic/disciplinary eligibility list.
8. Submits regular reports to the Principal on the dedication, effectiveness, ability, and
professional conduct of the coaching staff and athletic personnel.
9. Responsible for working with the coaching staff and maintenance department to supervise the school’s athletic facilities and, at the end of each season, to make certain that facilities have been cleaned and equipment has been stored, secured and inventoried for the following season.
10. Serves as the school liaison with the Booster Club.
1. Generates and updates proposed master athletic schedules for all sports/grade levels with input from the head coaches and submits these to the principal for approval.
2. Prepares and disseminates to teachers and administrators accurate team rosters and team departure times on game days.
3. Schedules (and arranges payment for) the officials needed for all home athletic events.
4. Insures that all games scheduled with other schools are covered by valid contracts appropriately executed.
5. Schedules and arranges for the safe and legal transportation of athletes to off-campus sports contests. This includes the management and scheduling of the school vans with athletics having priority over other school events.
6. Controls the allocation/renting of the athletic facilities for the individual sports as needed.
7. Coordinates the scheduling of the school’s athletic facilities.
8. Submits a weekly calendar of athletic events to the Principal, school secretary, and coaches.
9. Coordinates the work of any support staff and volunteers in the athletic program.
1. Assists in the development of an annual budget for each sport (and the overall operation of the athletic department) that is approved by the Principal.
2. Insures that all expenditures for the athletic programs are provided for in the approved budget and are processed according to established school regulations.
3. Arranges for the employment, payment and facilities for officials.
4. Acts as a liaison with parent booster groups to develop and oversee their annual budgets as complements to the school budgets for the various athletic teams. Coordinates with the Development Office to approve and schedule fundraising events.
5. Directs the sale of tickets and coordinates the workers needed to secure gates and collect receipts.
General Supervision and Oversight
1. Attend/supervise (or provides for a representative faculty member to be present) at all home varsity contests.
2. Is responsible for the discipline and conduct of fans at home athletic contests, and the overall maintenance of an environment that values good sportsmanship and fair play.
3. Will conduct pre-season meeting with the parents of every (major) athletic program to review Code of Conduct and sportsmanship expectations and the consequences of violations/financial obligations.
4. Becomes familiar with all applicable, CIF Southern Section, League and N.C.A.A. policies and regulations.
5. Represents the school at league, county and state meetings and other functions.
6. Is responsible for verifying scoreboards and equipment, and for arranging for announcers, anthem singers, where applicable, for all home varsity games. Maintains a current inventory of all equipment; places orders for new equipment as approved.
7. Insures that athletes have undergone the required medical exams and sports clearance before engaging in practice.
8. Obtains the required parental consent forms and files them in the Athletic Director’s office.
9. Maintains a log of all athletic injuries and oversees the filing of appropriate insurance forms.
10. Sees that all state and school eligibility requirements are followed by staff and students. This includes a grade check process for athletes’ eligibility.
11. Is the final arbiter, when necessary, of conflicts between parents and coaches when issues of player discipline or playing time become problematic.
12. Directs the selection of recipients of school athletic awards in accord with established policies and criteria.
13. Coordinates the Sports Awards Assemblies and banquets
14. Communicates with ASB and others to promote student attendance at games. Publicizes athletic news to the local press and other social media in a timely fashion.
15. Coordination and planning of Annual Car Show and Craft Fair Fundraiser for the Athletics Program in conjunction with the school booster club.
16. Is responsible for updating annually athletic department publications, especially the Coach’s Handbook and the Parent’s Guide to PC Athletics.
17. Performs any other duties as assignment by the Principal.
Livescan Fingerprints, VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children, CPR/First Aid
training, Concussion training, all CIF or CYO certification paperwork, and required LA Archdiocese paperwork
Pomona Catholic School (Pomona)
533 W. Holt Avenue
Pomona, CA firstname.lastname@example.org