La Salle College Preparatory has an immediate opening for an exceptional, experienced, and visionary Athletic Director to provide overall leadership, mentorship, supervision and support for members of the athletic department as well as the constituents of the department. La Salle is blessed to have a rich tradition of championship teams and athletic excellence in 18 sports and 30 teams and we are seeking a candidate who has the same level of excellence.
- Responsible for organizing, coordinating, and supervising the interscholastic athletic program in line with the CIF and NFHS guidelines.
- Promotes the Lasallian Mission and Core Principles and aligns department objectives with the school’s Graduate Learning Outcomes.
- Assesses the overall athletic program and makes strategic changes when necessary.
- Attends meetings, stays abreast on, enforces, and administers all rules and regulations of the Camino-Del Rey Association, CAA, CIF, and NFHS.
- Promotes the athletic program in conjunction with the school’s communication team.
- Creates the annual athletic department budget.
- Moderates the Athletic Boosters.
- Creates and edits the athletic department handbook.
- Attends Admissions and Alumni events.
- Hires, mentors, trains, and if necessary, terminates athletic coaches, with the assistance from the Principal.
- Schedules and approves all games, tournaments, and other athletic events.
- Supervises and acts as the main school administrator for all home games, all home and away football games, and all designated away games where a La Salle athletic administrator is needed.
- Coordinates and attends all coaches meetings and individual team parent meetings.
- Coordinates all sports officials.
- Oversees and approves all purchases of school athletic uniforms and equipment.
- Keeps informed and pursues professional development opportunities related to the position.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Proficient in the use of the entire Google platform.
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues in all aspects of student learning and culture.
- Is a member of the Principal’s Council and attends all meetings.
- Performs other administrative duties, as needed.
- This is a full time, exempt, at-will position.
- Reports to: Principal
- Direct Reports: Assistant Athletic Director, all coaches
Monday, August 21, 2023: DUE DATE for all application materials.
Week of August 21 to August 25, 2023: Paper screening and interviews.
Week of August 28 to September 1, 2023: Finalist interviews and selection of candidate.
Start date is negotiable but will ideally fall during the week of August 28 to September 1, 2023 or September 5 to September 8, 2023.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$110,000 – $125,000 annual salary DOE
Benefits include a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan; retirement and pension plan options with employer matching contributions; generous PTO including vacation and sick time as well as school holidays; life insurance; access to on campus fitness center; free secure parking.
HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
La Salle College Preparatory was founded in 1956 by the San Francisco District of the Brothers of the Christian Schools. Originally founded as a Catholic all boys school, today the school serves a co-educational population of approximately 650 students and continues to function as a private Catholic, college preparatory high school, rooted by the teachings of its namesake, St. John Baptist de La Salle to “give a human and Christian education to the young, especially the poor.” It is a Lasallian school, an educational institution that draws its philosophy and inspiration from the Christian Brothers whose reputation for excellence in education extends back to 1680. The Christian Brothers, assisted by more than 84,000 lay colleagues worldwide, educate nearly one million students in 80 countries. These schools serve nearly every ethnic group and religion around the world. In addition to providing strong academics, each Lasallian school creates a community of persons deeply conscious of their responsibilities to each other, which is central to their success.
Five years of professional athletic administration experience at the secondary or collegiate level, as an assistant athletic director, athletic director, or similar position with similar duties.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
An understanding of the Lasallian Core Principles.
Submit all of the below in ONE PDF FILE to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21, 2023.
A detailed and convincing cover letter that outlines an applicant’s skills and experience and how it matches the level of excellence we are seeking in an athletic director.
A detailed professional resume.
A list of (3) professional references with full contact information (References will only be contacted if an applicant reaches the final stages of the selection process).
Only applications that follow the above instructions will be considered. No telephone calls please.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
La Salle College Prep (Pasadena)
3880 E. Sierra Madre Blvd.
Pasadena, CA email@example.com