PURPOSE OF PROGRAM
To provide an opportunity for engaged couples to assess their readiness for marriage and to assist them in understanding that marriage is a Vocation, a Covenant and a Sacrament.
The programs consist of presentations to engaged couples on topics such as the sacramentality and spirituality of marriage, family of origin, communication, finances, and intimacy. The sessions are facilitated by Priests, Deacons, and Married Couples.
WHEN TO ATTEND
The engaged couple is asked to attend their marriage preparation program during the first three months of the required six-month preparation time. No certificate is issued to anyone who arrives late or leaves early.
Note: Due to COVID-19, we are offering the Marriage Preparation Programs via ZOOM for the remainder of 2020.
Candy Metoyer (English)
There are different types of Marriage Preparation sessions available to engaged couples in the Archdiocese. Visit the Marriage Preparation Programs page.
Online Marriage Support Resources:
For Your Marriage: USCCB Marriage and Family Life Website
The “For Your Marriage” website offers practical help and advice whether you’re seriously dating, engaged, or at any stage of married life. Available on the homepage: the Daily Marriage Tips, book reviews, and blogs by engaged and married couples. www.foryourmarriage.org
Direct link to resources recommended by the USCCB https://www.foryourmarriage.org/encouragement/
Pairing (Relationship Inventory Profile)
Other Marriage Preparation Programs:
Everyone dreams of having a dynamic marriage.
Great communication is essential to having a great marriage. The Better Together Inventory is a questionnaire designed to spark incredible conversations between engaged couples.
Using the Inventory is simple.
- Fill out the form below to receive a link to your Inventory
- Answer the questions and submit your questionnaire
- Use your results report to start a conversation
We hope this tool is the first step in a beautiful journey filled with a lifetime of great conversations.
Marriage Preparation Books
- The Five Love Languages, author Gary Chapman. Moody Publishers
- In Good Times and Bad authors M. Gary Neuman and Melisa Neuman
- Financial Peace author: Dave Ramsey
- Why Enough is Never Enough: Overcoming Worries about Money – A Catholic Perspective by Gregory S. Jeffrey
- My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints by Dawn Eden
- Overcoming Pornography Addiction: A Spiritual Solution by Monsignor J. Brian Bransfield
Interested in being a part of our Marriage Prep team? We are always looking for married Catholic couples to lead our Marriage Preparation sessions. Learn More Here