All Saints Catholic Church

3431 Portola Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90032-2215 United States

(323) 223-1101

View Parish/School Website

Mass Times


8:00 amSpanish & 5:30 pm


7:30 am, 9:30 am, 12:00 pm, 10:30 amSpanish & 1:30 pmSpanish


Saturday 4-5pm

Weekly Mass Schedule


8:00 am (Spanish)

5:30 pm


7:30 am

9:30 am

12:00 pm

10:30 am (Spanish)

1:30 pm (Spanish)


8:00 am


8:00 am (Spanish)


8:00 am (Spanish)


8:00 am (Spanish)


8:00 am (Spanish)

Holy Days of Obligation

Vigil: 5:00 pm English, 7:00 pm Spanish Day:  8:00 am Spanish, 9:00 am English, 7:00 pm English


Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God


The Ascension of the Lord


The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary


All Saints’ Day


The Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary


The Nativity of the Lord (Christmas)

the parish

The All Saints Catholic Church is located in ‘EL SERENO’, 3431 Portola Ave., in the Northeastern outskirts of Los Angeles, sharing its boundaries with Alhambra and South Pasadena. The main street close-by is Huntington Dr. All Saints started its activity as a Mission staffed by the priests of Sacred Heart Parish in Los Angeles.

It became an independent parish in 1926. Bishop J.J. Cantwell, the first archbishop of Los Angeles, aware of the steady growth of the Mission, established it as parish. In 1926 he appointed Rev. Paul Dillon as resident pastor. On April 26 of that year, the first Mass was celebrated in the little church at 3728 Rosemead Ave.

The new All Saints Church, built in 1930, was dedicated by Bishop J.J. Cantwell on May 25, 1931. In 1932 permission was granted for the priest’s rectory to be built next to the church.
The year 1948 was truly an important year in the history of All Saints Parish. The ‘All Saints Catholic School’ opened on September 13, 1948 with 357 students in 6 grades, the realization of a dream of twenty years. The school was staffed by the Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters, founded by Father Samuel Charles Mazzuchelli, O.P. in 1847.

Fr. James Nevin built a new convent which was inaugurated on Sunday, February 13, 1955.
The new parish hall became the latest addition to the parish complex. It was dedicated on February 18, 1962 with Mass and blessing.

Pastors after Fr. Paul Dillon, 1926 – 1927, were:
Rev. Peter J. Quinn, 1927 – 1928,
Rev. Michael Murphy, 1928 – 1937
Rev. Patrick Shear, 1937 – 1954
Rev. James Nevin, 1954 – 1960
Rev. Peter Conroy, 1960 – 1968.

July 1, 1968, opened a new chapter in the history of All Saints. At this time the Minim Fathers took over the leadership of the Parish, replacing the diocesan priests who had served it well since 1926. St. Francis of Paola, founder of the Minim Fathers, was born in Paola, Italy, on March 26, 1416. When Father Gino Vanzillotta, O.M., Pastor and Father Costantino Mandarino, O.M., Assistant, came to All Saints Parish, they were the first priests of the Order to assume duties in an American Parish.

Pastors after Fr. Gino Vanzillotta, O.M., 1968 – 1990, were:
Fr. Jose L. Vega, O.M., 1990 – 2010,
Fr. Mario Pisano, O.M., 2010 – 2017,
Fr. Thomas Choondal, O.M., 2017- Present

Parish Contacts