The Certificate Program in Youth Ministry Studies™ equips adults with the knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques for creative and comprehensive youth ministry. This two-year ministry formation program includes eight courses (see details below), with four courses offered each year. It is offered in partnership with EQSaints.
Whether serving with younger (middle school) or older (high school) adolescents, participants will:
- Gain greater confidence in their capabilities by successfully applying current theory and integrating innovative approaches into their ministry with young people
- Grow in competence by developing a solid foundation of theory, theology, and practical approaches that can be applied in any parish or school youth ministry setting
- Gain the credibility that comes from completing a nationally-recognized ministry formation program whose graduates serve in various parish, school, and diocesan roles throughout the United States (and beyond!)
Certificate Program Courses
- Context of Youth Ministry
- The Person of the Youth Minister
- Youth Ministry Management
- Parish Infrastructure for Youth Ministry
- Forming Catholic Identity
- Prayer and Worship
- Pastoral Care
- Forming Missionary Disciples
An overview of the content included in each course is available on the EQSaints website.
2022-2023 Schedule, Location, and Fees
The 2022-2023 Certificate Program courses will be held in person. Each course is a 2-day course and will be held from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Check-in and morning hospitality will begin each day at 8:30 am.
- Course 1: December 3 & 4 (Saturday & Sunday) – Context of Youth Ministry
- Course 2: December 5 & 6 (Monday & Tuesday) – The Person of the Youth Minister
- Course 3: March 25 & 26 (Saturday & Sunday) – Youth Ministry Management
- Course 4: March 27 & 28 (Monday & Tuesday) – Parish Infrastructure for Youth Ministry
The 2022-2023 courses will be hosted at St. John Eudes Parish (9901 Mason Ave., Chatsworth, CA 91311). Participants should enter the parking lot from Mason Ave.
The cost for each 2-day course is $200. This fee includes all books, other course materials, and morning hospitality. Lunch is not included.
Click here to register for the 2022-2023 courses.
Registration deadline for December courses is November 15, 2022. Registration deadline for March courses is March 15, 2023. If space is available, late registrations will be accepted with a $25 late fee.
Limited scholarship funds are available. Scholarship applications for December courses must be received by November 4, 2022. Scholarship applications for March courses must be received by March 1, 2023.
For more information about the Certificate Program in Youth Ministry Studies, please contact Katie Zeigler at firstname.lastname@example.org.