You may make a report of suspected sexual misconduct at the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ sexual misconduct reporting line: 213-637-7650 or our toll-free number (800)-355-2545.
This toll-free telephone number has been established as part of our effort to protect children, young people and other vulnerable people in our schools, parishes and ministries. This line is for reporting suspected sexual misconduct or child abuse within our institutions and ministries only. If you have some other type of complaint, please call the appropriate Archdiocesan school, parish or office directly.
Unless your call involves a report of suspected sexual misconduct, it will receive no action by leaving a message on the hotline.
If you wish to make a report of “child abuse” but it does not involve suspected misconduct by one of our Archdiocesan or parish/parish school ministers, employees or volunteers, please make your report to the appropriate child protection agency. You can call your local police department or “child abuse hotline” (found in the front of your phone book). Some of these numbers are below for quick access:
- Los Angeles County
- LA County Child Abuse Hotline: (800) 540-4000
- Investigative Control Unit for All Child Abuse Reports: (213) 486-0530
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department: (310) 482-6000
- Special Victims Bureau (24 hours) (562) 946-8531
- To speak to a detective (562) 946-7960
- District Attorney’s Office: Sexual Crimes Division (213) 974-9790
- Family Violence Division (213) 974-3785
- For callers residing outside the State of California who wish to contact Child Protective Services in Los Angeles: (213) 639-4500
- Santa Barbara County
- Santa Barbara County Child Abuse Hotline: (800) 367-0166
- District Attorney Victim-Witness Assistance: (805) 568-2400
- Ventura County
- Ventura County Child Abuse Hotline: (800) 754-7600
- District Attorney Victim’s Services: (805) 654-3622
Reporting Suspected Abuse of a Minor
If your report involves suspected sexual misconduct of an Archdiocesan or parish/parish school minister, employee or volunteer with a minor, we strongly encourage you to identify
- the child, children or young people in danger;
- the name of the suspected abuser;
- as well as your name, address and phone number as part of your report.
Though we will follow up on anonymous complaints regarding minors, please understand that for the protection of children and young people, it is a great help in finding the truth of a situation if it is possible to speak with you directly. Leaving a report here in no way means that you should not make a report to police or child protective agencies.
If your report involves suspected sexual misconduct of an Archdiocesan or parish/parish school minister, employee or volunteer with another adult, we do not take anonymous complaints. So that we can follow up complaints involving adults promptly, please be prepared to provide
- your full name, address and telephone number,
- as well as the name of the parties involved.