St. Lawrence Martyr Church is seeking the right part time candidate who wishes to join a diverse staff of professionals, dedicated to our Catholic faith and eager to work serving our parishioners, school and the South Redondo Beach and Torrance communities.
Entry level, part time nonexempt position, 15-20 hours per week. Wages will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A background check, fingerprinting and VIRTUS/Safe Environment trainings are required of all parish and school staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves in keeping with the philosophy, goals and mission of the Catholic Church as they perform their functions.
Under general supervision, weekend custodial duties include cleaning bathrooms, classrooms, meeting rooms and offices in the school and parish facilities. The employee assists in keeping the grounds clean, room set up and broken down, restocking bathrooms, and insuring doors and gates are locked following events to secure the campus, and will perform other related duties as assigned.
The following are considered essential duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Possesses knowledge of methods, procedures, materials, equipment, and chemicals used in custodial duties.
- Ability to lift and move items, not limited to equipment, meeting/classroom furniture and delivered packages.
- Possesses knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Work safely and establish a safe environment; react quickly and appropriately in emergency situations.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Work with other staff and faculty, volunteers, parents, parishioners and general public in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
- Possesses knowledge of Archdiocesan, parish and school policies and procedures.
- Maintain professionalism, confidentiality and work collaboratively with others.
- Possesses a Valid Driver’s License.
General Hours, with some flexibility for holidays and special events:
Fridays – 1pm – 6pm
Saturdays – 10am – 3pm
Sundays – 2pm – 7pm
Please send interest statement, cover letter and resume or experience information to Jenny Attanasio, Parish Business Manager at email@example.com
St. Lawrence Martyr
1940 S. Prospect Ave.
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
To perform in this position successfully, the employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to carry out each duty professionally, thoughtfully and proficiently. The minimum qualifications for this position are established by the Pastor and Business Manager, in collaboration with key staff as follows:
Education and Experience
• A high school degree or GED equivalent.
• 1-2 years custodial experience with an understanding of proper bathroom sanitization, hard wood and carpet cleaning, and safe moving and lifting techniques.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Lawrence Martyr Catholic Community (Redondo Beach)
1940 S. Prospect Ave
Redondo Beach, CA firstname.lastname@example.org