VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE
Join Verbum Dei Jesuit High School as our Vice President of Finance and make a difference. Create real social change by improving the lives of young people and building healthier communities.
Verbum Dei Jesuit High School is a Catholic high school located in Watts with an enrollment of approximately 320 students. Part of the Cristo Rey Network, Verbum Dei Jesuit offers young men from supportive families of limited resources a college prep curriculum, corporate work experience, and faith formation that prepare them to graduate from college as men-with-and-for-others who serve their communities and pursue a more just and humane world for all. Verbum Dei aims to be a place where students experience the world as it could be, not as it is for too many of them.
Our innovative Corporate Work Study Program through the Cristo Rey Network is one of the early pioneers of the successful model that now spans 37+ Cristo Rey Network schools. This is the only network of high schools in the country that integrate four years of rigorous college preparatory academics with four years of professional work experience.
As a collaborative member of the leadership team, the Vice President of Finance reports to the President and has primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the school. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, budgeting, risk management, and human resources. Our ideal candidate will have experience:
• Leading all finance and accounting functions, including month-end and year-end close procedures, the preparation of tax returns, and internal and external financial reporting.
• Providing strategic direction to support decision-making related to an annual budget, strategic priorities, and the long-term health of an organization.
• Ensuring financial records and systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and compliance with all relevant local, state, and federal laws.
• Providing leadership and development to a team of professionals.
• Overseeing the annual financial audit process, ensuring compliance with GAAP and non-profit accounting standards.
• Evaluating the financial performance of an organization relative to operational goals, budgets, and forecasts and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency.
• Leading the human resources function, including payroll, benefits administration, and compliance with local, state, and federal employment and labor-related laws and regulations.
• Designing and implementing a casualty insurance program appropriate for an organization.
As an employee with Verbum Dei, you will enjoy a competitive employee benefits program, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, retirement plan contribution, voluntary supplemental life and disability coverages, and generous paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants may apply online at https://verbumdeijesuithighschool.applytojob.com/apply/ow7Pj298tW/Vice-President-Of-Finance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Verbum Dei is an equal-opportunity employer. However, as a Jesuit institution organized as a California Nonprofit Religious Corporation, the School reserves the right to make employment decisions based on principles of Catholic moral teaching, religious preferences, and other religious needs, criteria, policies, and standards. Within that condition, Verbum Dei is committed to fostering a supportive workplace which includes providing equal opportunity in employment for all people without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity or expression physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or genetic characteristics, veteran status, uniformed service or other protected status in accordance with state and federal laws.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, finance, accounting, or a related field
• At least five (5) years of experience in a financial leadership role, preferably in an educational or nonprofit setting
• A comprehensive skill set for oversight of financial reporting, budgets, investments, accounting, HR, contracts, risk management, and auxiliary programs
• MBA, or other advanced degree preferred
Verbum Dei Jesuit High School (Los Angeles)
11100 S Central Ave
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org