Notre Dame High School, a Catholic, college-preparatory school in the Holy Cross tradition, educates the hearts and minds of students who are diverse in talent, ethnicity, and society. As a faith community, Notre Dame strives to provide each student with a rich academic background, an appropriate sense of self, an opportunity for growth, a commitment to family, community, nation and world, and a respect for the spiritual dignity of all persons. Notre Dame faculty are expected to be men and women of integrity and able to espouse Catholic, Holy Cross, and Notre Dame mission values that will set a positive example for all students.
THE TEAM MEMBER WE ARE SEARCHING FOR
The ideal Staff Accountant believes in and is passionate about the mission and commitments of Notre Dame High School and exhibits this through his/her leadership, reflection, and collaboration to ensure school’s success across the organization. Under the general supervision of the Assistant Controller of Business Office, the Staff Accountant will be supporting the day-to-day accounting functions requiring full professional competency for accounting records, budget, and analyses that lead to accurate and timely reports.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO ACCOMPLISH
Duties and Responsibilities
• Performing general accounting including the preparation of journal entries
• Reconciling and balancing general ledger accounts
• Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
• Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules
• Researching and correcting account discrepancies including communicating results
• Preparing quarterly sales and use tax returns
• Cross-training to provide backup support for other accounting functions, such as accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, and risk management (requesting for certificate of insurance)
• Reviewing and posting cash and check deposits prepared by the accounts receivable personnel
• Supporting month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
• Assisting in preparation of financial statements
• Assisting with budget preparation and preparing quarterly budget variance analyses
• Assisting with audit fieldwork for both operational and financial audits
• Assisting with preparation and distribution of monthly internal financial reports to budget owners
• Assisting in initial internal control evaluations
• Attending staff and school meetings, workshops, conferences, and other training
• Suggesting strategies to improve financial operations and services
• Performing other related duties as assigned or ad hoc duties as needed
WHAT DO WE REQUIRE FROM YOU?
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or a related
field required. We will be considering experience in accounting and finance in lieu of a bachelor’s
• 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience required
• Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
• Understanding of and ability to adhere to GAAP
• Intermediate working knowledge of Excel
• Blackbaud Financial NXT user but not required
Skills and Abilities
• Highly proficient with accounting software
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in other MS Office Suite and similar software
• Is a team player
• Flexible and adaptable
• Openness to differing views and objectives
• Willingness to conduct research as needed and become knowledgeable in department related
information to support the school
• Serves the staff, student, and parent’s needs to the best of his/her ability without allowing his/her
own convenience to interfere
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
o Understands the needs of the school and takes steps toward meeting the needs with little support and guidance
o Prevents problems by planning ahead and anticipating outcomes
o Exercises initiative
• Build a culture where students, parents, and teachers feel valued and served
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information
• Seeing to read a variety of materials
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Notre Dame High School (Sherman Oaks)
13645 Riverside Dr.
Sherman Oaks, CA firstname.lastname@example.org