St. Matthew Catholic Church is seeking a part-time Secretary responsible for providing a full range of clerical and secretarial functions for the Religious Education department. Bi-lingual in Spanish is required. Responsible for greeting all visitors and parents of the program and keeping the office clean and organized. Will oversee the timely opening and closing of the religious education office, is responsible for maintaining all sacramental records associated with children in the programs.
The Secretary position will report directly to the Director of Religious Education/DRE.
- Perform secretarial duties for Director of Religious Education/DRE
- Manage safe environment program for all department volunteers to ensure Arch-diocese compliance.
- Maintain all sacramental records for children and teens receiving Baptism and First Communion
- Operating telephone system, taking/transferring calls and recording messages.
- Maintains a comprehensive filing system for central department files.
- Oversees an inventory of department and event supplies and orders materials, supplies or equipment as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive database for the Religious Ed department.
- Responsible for photocopying and/or duplicating materials for department staff and volunteer groups as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, welcoming and organized office environment for the department.
- Assist with coordinating religious education office volunteers.
- Assist department coordinator in organizing and maintaining accurate financial records for the department associated with registration, program fees, and donations.
- Any other responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Director of Religious Education/DRE
All interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to Tricia Mora, Office Manager at Tricia@stmatthewlb.org
- A practicing Roman Catholic with an informed understanding of Vatican II and how it applies to the mission of St. Matthew Catholic Church.
- 5 Years’+ experience in secretarial and/or office management position
- High School graduate, college graduate preferred.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish required.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Efficient with computer and programs such as Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint, publisher along with Parish Data Systems database and Flocknote.
- Detail-oriented, deadline-aware, persistent, helpful, team-minded and personable.
- Great customer service skills
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Matthew Church (Long Beach)
672 Temple Ave.
Long Beach, CA firstname.lastname@example.org