This position provides cooking, and grocery shopping, for priests living in the parish rectory. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Meal served at 1:00 pm. Wages will be commensurate with experience. This job operates in the Parish Rectory.
All interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to Cherisse Reyes, Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are considered essential duties and responsibilities of this position:
• Prepares lunch for priests living in the rectory as well as occasional visitors.
• Plan a 10-15-day menu with input from the priests regarding allergies, preferences, etc.)
• Prepare a daily 3-5 course healthy meal for 2-4 individuals.
• Store leftover food for evening meals and snacks.
• Clean the kitchen, food preparation areas, service ware, dinnerware, and dining area.
• Conduct grocery shopping for the rectory, purchasing food and other items as needed.
• Organize and retain all receipts to coordinate budget expenses with the Business Manager.
• Possess good public relations skills to assist visitors to the rectory.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role.
• Completion of fingerprinting, and VIRTUS/Safe Environment training are required of all parish staff.
• Must have personal transportation for job-related duties, along with a valid CA driver’s license and minimum liability car insurance.
This role routinely uses common household items and kitchen appliances as well as household cleaning solutions.
• Formal training in the food service field preferred
This position requires active participation, including standing, walking, bending, and reaching. It may also involve standing for extended periods or lifting heavy objects as necessary.
INFORMATION/ APPLICATION CONTACT
Beatitudes of Our Lord Catholic Church (La Mirada)
13013 Santa Gertrudes Ave.
La Mirada, CA 90638
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Beatitudes of Our Lord Church (La Mirada)
13013 Santa Gertrudes Avenue
La Mirada, CA email@example.com