St. Cyril of Jerusalem School is a Preschool-8th Grade Private Catholic School. The Preschool Teacher position is open to vibrant educators who care for, and inspire the young minds at our early childhood center.
Using a variety of teaching methods, including religion, artistic expression, educational play, and storytelling, you will teach children to identify shapes, colors, numbers, and letters, while providing them with foundational life skills and preparing them for the next stage of formal education. The candidate must have clear communication with administration, parents, and students. In addition, the candidate must be willing to support the teachings of the Catholic Church, and work collaboratively with parents, faculty and administration.
- Must share the St. Cyril community’s vision and mission to love God, love self, love others and love learning
- Uphold the importance of personal values, moral standards, and integrity by being a role model in the school community
- Commitment to professional conduct, team-building, on-going professional growth
- Minimum 12 units (teacher position) or 6 units (assistant position) of early childhood education/ child development credit
- To be successful as a preschool teacher, you should have the patience, compassion, and energy to successfully guide a class of young children, each of whom will have different needs, abilities, aptitudes, and emotions.
- The best candidate will also have excellent administrative and organizational skills, in order to plan, and deliver curriculum, as well as create reports on each child’s progress.
- Experience working with young children in a classroom setting.
- Ability to communicate with young children at their level.
- Patient, compassionate attitude, with a friendly, energetic disposition.
- Good mediation and nurturing abilities.
- Creative mindset with an ability to create memorable, out-of-the-box lessons.
- Passion for shaping and inspiring young minds.
- Familiarity with word processing (, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to serve as a positive role model.
- Support the teachings of the Catholic Church, and work collaboratively with parents, faculty and administration.
- Create a safe, nurturing environment for all students
- Educate children about fundamental concepts, such as colors, letters, numbers, and shapes.
- Foster social interactions between children and improve their self-esteem.
- Engage in creative methods of learning, such as arts and crafts, supervised play, and storytelling.
- Plan comprehensive curriculums to address early childhood development needs.
- Instill a sense of order and discipline in the classroom.
- Supervise free time and open play.
- Ensure the classroom is a clean, safe, and organized environment.
- Prepare lessons by designing, communicating and gathering materials.
- Communicate progress, written and verbal, for parents on each child’s developmental journey
- Assist in daily student routines including meal time, bathrooming, naps, playing
RECORD KEEPING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains progress reports and updates grading system regularly
- Prepares progress for distribution at the end of each grading period
- Records daily attendance of students
- Completes all required forms and reports as designated by administration
MEETING & COMMUNITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends all school events, such as but not limited to, Back to School Night, Open House, Gala, First Communion, Graduation; as well as, all faculty, professional development, ongoing catechesis, and other meetings as established and scheduled by the principal.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Cyril of Jerusalem School (Encino)
4548 Haskell Avenue
Encino, CA firstname.lastname@example.org