Overview: This position replaces the Accounting Officer currently in place, who after nearly 50 years, is retiring. Position will initially involve accounting for a parish (3-6 months), then be expanded into a shared services role supporting a k-12 school with 700 students too.
Employer is a faith based catholic organization in Santa Monica. It is an interesting and energetic west side employer who is influential in community and well connected locally in Los Angeles. Candidate should reside on west side or currently live in Santa Monica/intent to relocate ok too (no assistance).
Job Description: Manager of Accounting
Reports to: Controller
- Financial reporting and preparation of monthly financials, budgets, maintain investment portfolio, assist in maintaining COA and cost/project center panel, prepare and book journal entries, prepare bank reconciliations, coordinate with AP to close out month and book allocations between entities, strong excel skills, assist in preparing assessment report.
- Knowledgeable in closing the month (month end close experience important), complete an automated reconciliation, dig into details, maintain ad hoc schedules, and is knowledgeable in accounting process.
- 2-3 years Big 4 and 2-4 years private experience. CPA preferred or pursuing.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, accounting systems, accounting operations, strong knowledge of debit/credits.
- Willingness to be part of transformational change through process improvements, process reengineering.
- Looking for someone bright and enthusiastic. Good sense of humor is a big plus.
- Ideal individual is interested in adding value, implementing new systems, scaling existing systems or adding on top of existing enterprise.
- Looking to fully automate the reconciliation processes and eliminate nonvalue added activity.
- There are three separate legal entities, not complicated, just need to be kept separate in accounting and processing.
- Work style, someone who can work independently, guidance always available.
- Systems in place: Blackbaud NXT for FE and RE, Quick books premium, MS Dynamics. Additional add on systems: Expensify, Tsheets, Bill.com, FACTS, and Diamond Mine.
Overtime: 40 hour work week. Some lite overtime at year end (fiscal ends: 6/30/xx).
Location: Prefer someone who is in Santa Monica, on the west side or is looking to relocate (no assistance). Traffic is too heavy a burden for someone coming from outside.
Time: Initially in office/3-6 months. Then, hybrid with 2-3 days in office, remainder remote. Flexible.
Salary: Range is 75k-85k plus benefits (med/dental/life/403b), bonus potential up to 2-5%.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St Monica Catholic Church (Santa Monica)
725 California Ave.
Santa Monica, CA firstname.lastname@example.org