Mary Star of the Sea Elementary School – a co-educational, parish K-8 school in San Pedro – is seeking an English Teacher for the remainder of the 2023-2024 School Year.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, passionate, and well-versed educator with experience in diverse classrooms. Candidates should be team players, able to collaborate easily with colleagues and passionate about teaching and their field of discipline. Strong organizational and class management skills needed as well as the ability to communicate regularly and effectively with all stakeholders including parents, other colleagues, administration and students. The successful candidate must demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of content area and be able to engage students using a wide variety of teaching strategies, updating Gradebook weekly, and educating the whole child – mind and spirit. Candidate must be highly skilled at planning, organizing, and developing curriculum to reach the needs of all learners.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Comfortable working in and supportive of faith-based education
• Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
• Creates effective assessments that track and ensure student learning
• Creates and maintains a safe and orderly classroom environment in which students can learn and enjoy learning
• Identifies student needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems
• Regularly communicates with parents and school counselors on the individual student’s progress
• Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day
• Using a wide- array of formative and summative assessments
• Weekly Gradebook Update
• Prior experience with a LMS such as Gradelink.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in English or similar course of study
• Experience: At least three years of experience as a teacher in the subject area
Preference is given to practicing Roman Catholic applicants.
• Master Degree in English or Education
• Credential: General Secondary or Single Subject
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Mary Star of the Sea Elementary School (San Pedro)
717 S. Cabrillo
San Pedro, CA 90731dnguyen@Marystarelementary.org