St. Pius X- St. Matthias Academic is seeking a full-time Dean of Students. Located in Downey, California, PMA offers a Catholic university experience for teenagers. We believe that a college education is a right rather than a privilege. Our mission is to provide all students opportunities to grow in faith, learn without limits, and live with a purpose. Serving as Dean of Students at PMA requires a commitment to students, excellence, and a relentless drive to achieve extraordinary results. A Dean of Students will:
- Embody, advocate, and operationalize PMA’s mission and vision for extraordinary student achievement
- Ensure students are held accountable to the Warrior Code of Conduct.
- Actively support staff and teachers in addressing student mistakes and challenges in conduct.
- Ensure the timely reporting of student infractions and consequences to all stakeholders, and reporting systems.
- Use discipline data to inform school-wide social, emotional, and academic practices and professional development.
- Liaise with community members, local law enforcement, and administrators at the School.
- Is fair, efficient, decisive, thorough, and supportive of whole-child development
- Works tirelessly to reduce the frequency and severity of student infractions
- Do whatever it takes to make sure students are successful
Skills and Qualities
PMA’s Dean expects excellence in their students and themselves. A successful candidate will demonstrate that s/he:
- Is focused on achieving ambitious goals through strategic planning and constant data-driven analysis
- Perseveres in challenging situations
- Acts with professional integrity at all times
- Is effective in a team-oriented environment
- Communicates directly and sensitively with colleagues, parents, and students
- Goes above and beyond their job description to help others and to ensure 100% of their students are successful
- Is a constant learner that never stops reflecting and working to improve their craft
- Is task-oriented, organized, and able to see ideas and initiatives through to completion
Applicants must demonstrate a track record of success, hard work, flexibility, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to accomplish their instructional goals with their students. In addition, applicants must:
- Have two or more years of full-time teaching experience leading a K-12 class
- Master’s Degree and California Credential preferred
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Include “Dean of Students for 2023-2024” in the subject line.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Pius X – St. Matthias Academy (Downey)
7851 Gardendale St
Downey, California email@example.com