This is a part time hourly position responsible for the cleanliness of all parish and school property. Scheduled in 4-hour work shifts, 5 days per week within the time period of 4 to 11 pm . This position is considered crucial to the well-being of parishioners, staff, students and guests and to the financial well-being of the parish and schools. The work of this position relates directly to individuals’ health and safety, the appearance of the grounds and buildings, and to security and stewardship of parish/school property. The position involves a variety of tasks, many of which must be performed promptly and efficiently, but also with quality workmanship. The position involves relating and communicating to all staff, and especially to primary decision-makers in the parish. First line of accountability is to the Senior Custodians, and Maintenance Directors, and one or more of the following: Parish Administrator, Pastor, President of Schools, School Principals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provides janitorial service to one or more buildings on the property, including dusting, mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, washing, scrubbing, polishing, drying: floors, windows and blinds, furniture, counters, built ins, lavatory fixtures, kitchen appliances, trash containers, concrete, tile, stone, artificial surfaces
- As assigned – participates in some routine, preventative, and special operation of various building and grounds systems.
- Reports problems of buildings and grounds related to cleanliness, orderliness, safety, organization, and proper functioning of lights, plumbing, doors, windows, etc.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of cleaning supplies and keeping parish and school storage areas organized and clean.
- Participates in security, and parking duties as needed
- Prepares written reports, schedules, forms etc as needed
- Assists in the preparation of parish and school events/activities related to cleaning, set-ups and takedowns.
- Communicates with supervisors mentioned above when maintenance director is not present.
- Actively supports mission and goals of the parish and participates in meetings and activities as directed, encouraging others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience – 1 year full-time experience in janitorial services. Some work in church, school or non profit setting.
- Education – High School diploma or equivalent
- Required Skills -. Aptitude for cleanliness, orderliness, safety, organization. Basic knowledge of cleaning agents and equipment. Willingness to work at heights of up to 15 feet and to assist with security surveillance and confrontation and to lift 50 lbs.
- Successful background check – fingerprinting.
- Desirable Skills – English proficiency, other trade skills.
- Important Personal Qualities: Understanding of and respect for Catholic values, integrity, trustworthiness, confidentiality, care for property, initiative, and team work.
Starting hourly rate range $15 per hour, dependent on qualification. Paid vacation, sick leave.
Contact: Felipe Sanchez, Director of Administration. (310)566-1502; email@example.com
St. Monica Catholic Community (Santa Monica)
725 California Ave
Santa Monica, CA firstname.lastname@example.org