Position Title: Asst Cross Country Coach
Status: Part-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Position Start Date: August 17th, 2023 Position End Date: November 1st, 2023
Pay Scale $5000-$6000 for season (Commensurate with Experience)
Marymount is an Independent, Catholic all-girls high school that fosters confidence, joy, leadership, and a sense of greater purpose in each student. Education of the whole girl is one of the most important pillars upon which the academic and co-curricular programs are built. The school celebrates the individuality of each student, empowering girls to become their best selves academically, emotionally and socially. Established in 1923 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM), Marymount High School shares the tradition of an international network of schools including sister schools in New York, Europe, and South America. Located in Westwood/Bel Air, just north of UCLA in Los Angeles.
Marymount seeks to hire an experienced and enthusiastic leader to serve as the Girls Asst Cross
Country Coach. The ideal candidate must be able to improve the performance of student athletes through motivation, technical instruction, game strategies and techniques in order to prepare them for competition. In addition to helping the athletes develop an appreciation for the sport. This position is seasonal from August 2023 through November 2023.
Job Duties & Requirements
- Provides leadership, supervision and organization for the Cross Country Program and is responsible for carrying out the objectives of the entire athletic program within the guidelines of the Marymount Athletic Department Philosophy
- Develops an organized practice schedule to provide individual and team instruction
- Educates the players regarding game rules, regulations and equipment care
- Accompanies the team to all scheduled games
- Assesses and determines the need for individual and team improvement
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior and provides appropriate supervision of athletes at all times
- Helps and encourages athletes to maintain high academic standards
- Informs the Athletic Trainer in the event of an athletic injury
- Demonstrates a high standard of sportsmanship and models non discriminatory practices when addressing players, officials, spectators and visiting teams
- Follows the school’s procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms
- Works with the Athletic Director to prepare for the end of season award celebration
- Attends the coaches meeting and award ceremonies planned by the Athletics Department
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
- A minimum of 3 years of coaching experience at the secondary or collegiate level
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Athletic administrators, coaching staff, parents and students
- Covid-19 vaccination required
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Marymount High School (Los Angeles)
10643 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com