The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant to support the new Cathedral Children’s Chorus. If you have a love for music and liturgy, communication and office skills and are looking for a part-time position, this may be just the one for you!
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the Cathedral Children’s Chorus.
- Serve as a liaison between Cathedral Director of Music and parents of children in the Cathedral Children’s Chorus.
- Set up and maintain Children’s Chorus files.
- Maintain Cathedral Children’s Chorus calendar, arrange and coordinate meetings, appointments and schedules.
- Serve as information source for Children’s Chorus policies, procedures, events, and schedules.
- Serve as a member of the Cathedral Safeguard the Children Committee.
- Work collaboratively with other Cathedral departments.
- Assist with written and verbal translations – English/Spanish.
- Ability to be flexible with time commitments and scheduling. Weekend work required.
Job Qualifications include:
- Creative self-starter with positive, optimistic attitude
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community
- Computer, database, social media, report generation skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work efficiently, meet deadlines, work harmoniously and cooperatively with other staff
- Well-organized, flexible and able to manage different projects concurrently and often under pressure
- Experience in work or ministry in a Catholic Church environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or the equivalent in education and experience
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter addressing your qualifications and availability for this position at the Cathedral. Write “Children’s Chorus – Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your email to email@example.com
Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels (Los Angeles)
555 W Temple St
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org