A faith family where Catholics suffering from broken relationships will find a welcome home throughout the Archdiocese.
Our mission is to be a Catholic Faith resource of spiritual and practical help for families that are hurting because of broken relationships and to give hope to those recovering from separation, and divorce. Our energies are directed toward supporting, helping, enabling and empowering each other in that journey. We wish to belong fully to our Faith Family, to be a gift that inspires and a lesson by which others may learn and grow.
Our goal is to become a source of spiritual strength and wisdom; to process the grief; to ease the pain; to give comfort and hope to those recovering from separation, divorce or death of a spouse.
Help for Troubled Marriages
- Retrouvaille (English)
- a weekend experience combined with post-weekend sessions.
- Designed to provide the tools to help put your marriage in order again.
- Main emphasis of the program is on communication between husband and wife.
- Will give you the opportunity to rediscover each other and to examine your lives together in a new and positive ways.
- Therapist Referrals (English & Spanish)
- Contains the names and information of Therapists who are in private practice or are part of a larger group or clinic.
- Each Therapist is either Catholic or Christian and has agreed to uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church.
*Note: For private and professional reasons, the names and contact information of the therapists are not available on the website. For assistance, please contact your Parish Office or Jeanette Seneviratne, Associate Director for the Office of Marriage & Family Life at 213-637-7398 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retrouvaille is an effective yet affordable Catholic ministry which provides hope and healing for married couples w... READ MORE »
Support Groups The following are available for those Catholics who are seeking support after their separation or di... READ MORE »
Frequently asked questions about Annulments: What is an annulment? The term “annulment” is a misnomer b... READ MORE »
If you have any questions or to request additional copies, please contact Jullie Monell at (213) 637-7249 or via em... READ MORE »
The following Retreat House offer semi-annual or annual weekends for separated and divorced persons: Mary and J... READ MORE »
Separated & Divorced Resources
ONLINE Recovering from Divorce Program (English) Recovering from Divorce Online will teach you a much better way,... READ MORE »
Separated and Divorced Programs
The Beginning Experience Program