PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Youth & Young Adults Minister manages and leads the confirmation preparation program, junior high and high school ministries, leads young adult ministry, and helps with larger events such as Bible Camp and Autumnfest.
REPORTS TO: Pastor and Faith Formation Coordinator
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Lead and direct the volunteers & teen leaders
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in religious studies or related field.
- Basic or Advanced Master Catechist Certification through the Roman Catholic Bishop of Orange program or equivalent advanced theological studies.
- Proficient in administrative organization, supervising, mentoring, teaching, and public speaking.
DESIRED: Prior experience as a participant and/or leader in Church ministry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Presence on Sunday to prepare for Sunday events, meetings with leadership teams and meet/greet and recruit from the Sunday Masses.
- Facilitate & lead confirmation classes, retreat, parent meetings, Junior High Youth Nights, and collaborating with volunteers.
- Verify all confirmation requirements have been completed and turned in: Bishop Letter, Baptism & Communion certificates (printed, signed, & sealed), and complete Confirmation interview
- Plan and coordinate Confirmation rehearsals, Confirmation Mass, and reception with Faith Formation team.
- Develop a high school youth ministry, calendar, leadership, and facilitate events.
- Recruitment, formation, & direction of volunteers and teen core group leaders.
- Develop and direct the leadership teams and volunteers for Junior High Ministry and Young Adult Ministry.
- Regularly visit Junior High faith formation groups and St. Hedwig school middle school classes. Engaging with the St. Hedwig School families and youth in religious elements.
- Assist with Bible Camp, Autumnfest, and other parish events.
- Design and send out the bi-weekly e-newsletter to our parishioners.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Typical Working Conditions: Typical office environment. Equipment Used: Computer, copy machine, telephone console, fax, laminator, cutting board, and other office related equipment. Essential Physical Tasks: Move, load and unload equipment and supplies weighing 15 pounds and heavier. Walk around campus, bend, stoop, squat, and reach.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Saint Hedwig Church (Los Alamitos)
11482 Los Alamitos Blvd.
Los Alamitos, CA email@example.com