POSITION TITLE: Youth Minister
Located atop La Jolla’s Mount Soledad, close to the world-famous Soledad Cross in La Jolla, CA, All Hallow Catholic Church and Academy is a Eucharistic community of faith focused on prayer, education, and service. We are a center for learning, teaching, sharing faith experiences, and giving and receiving the strength to serve others on our life-long journey with God.
The Youth Minster will be an integral part of the leadership team at All Hallows Church and Academy. This position will foster young people’s spiritual, social, and intellectual growth while empowering them to transform the world as disciples of Jesus. The desired candidate will be a practicing Roman Catholic with an informed understanding of the Vatican II Council and a desire to implement its principles. As part of a collaborative team, the Youth Minster with direction from the Pastor in consultation with parish staff, will be responsible for the following:
- Middle School Youth Ministry
- High School Youth Ministry
- Young Adult Ministry (To be created with the new Youth Minister and parish staff).
- Partners with the Director of Catechetical Ministry in the parish confirmation program.
- Responsible for all youth retreats.
- Creates new service opportunities and coordinates service hours.
- Coordinates meetings with parents and provides resources and support as they raise their children in the Catholic Faith.
- Teaching responsibilities at both the academy and the church.
- Supports middle school teachers of religion in family life and morality.
- Prepares students for liturgical ministry.
- Supports the academy’s Student Council Religious Affairs officer in campus life activities.
- Uses and follows Diocesan guidelines for schools when communicating with all students and parents.
- Participates in Staff Meetings, Faculty Meetings, Faculty retreat days, and Pastoral Council Meetings.
- Works in concert with Diocesan Office for Youth Ministry.
- Stays up to date on best practices in youth ministry and continues to grow and develop professionally.
- Assist in implementing the goals identified in the Synod process as they relate to youth and young adults.
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Religious Studies, or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience working with youth, ideally developing and implementing youth ministry programs, and strong spiritual leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, organization, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Must have flexibility in work hours and weekend hours, especially Sundays.
- Fully Compliant with Diocesan policies and safe environment/child protection requirements. Successfully pass the background check.
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Supervised by: Parish Pastor
Salary Range: $55,000 – $70,000 plus Benefits
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to Jennifer Michael, Director of Parish Life: Jennifer@allhallows.com
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
All Hallow Catholic Church (La Jolla)
6602 La Jolla Scenic Drive South
La Jolla, CA 92037Jennifer@allhallows.com