The Youth Minister is responsible for the marketing, evangelization and implementation of high school Confirmation preparation, Life Teen (high school ministry), Abide (college young adult ministry), and Campus Ministry (TK-8 Catholic school) while fostering growth in all areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• As an employee of the Archdiocese and a representative of the Roman Catholic Church this individual is expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the goals and mission of the Church in the performance of their work.
• The following tasks are considered essential functions of this position so successful performance requires the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
Evangelization & Marketing
• Develop a comprehensive Evangelization and Marketing plan to foster growth in ministries.
• Creatively advertise and promote ministries and events to ensure active participation.
• Execute a varied media strategy for promotion (pre- and post- event) to build anticipation for upcoming events and highlight accomplishments from past events.
Confirmation, Life Teen, Abide, and Campus Ministry
• Develop, plan and implement a schedule for ministries of responsibility.
• Prepare children and teens for Sacraments, as necessary.
• Create opportunities to incorporate the eight key components in the “Archdiocesan Comprehensive Approach” document – advocacy, catechesis, community life, evangelization, justice and service, leadership development, pastoral care, and prayer and worship.
• Provide creative opportunities, including off-site events, to catechize adolescents while capturing their enthusiasm and attention by providing them a social outlet.
• Nurture a smooth transition for children, teens, and families into and out of ministries.
• Develop activities and/or events to engage in age-appropriate outreach, create opportunities to deepen relationships between the children, teens, and families as well as support opportunities for parents to meet each other.
• Clearly communicate our goals, purpose, and expectations of our ministries as well as hearing the goals and desires of our families. These encounters reinforce connectivity and relational ministry to children, teens, and their families.
• Recruit, train, coordinate, and maintain a good relationship with volunteers.
• Coordinate with the Administrative Assistant for Youth & Family Ministry to maintain accurate records and paperwork, as needed.
• Be readily available to communicate with youth and families.
• Responsible to be present during Confirmation, Life Teen, Abide, and Campus Ministry events.
• Maintain effective working relationships with parish/school staff and all other ministries to coordinate activities, as appropriate.
• Supports philosophy and goals of the Church; attends Mass and services; assists with ministries and similar activities.
• Exercises diligence in assuring compliance with Archdiocesan/Parish Safeguard the Children policies.
• Keeps the Director of Youth & Family Ministry informed regarding accomplishments, needs, unusual events.
• Performs other functions as required by the Pastor and/or Director of Youth & Family Ministry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Passionate about reaching youth, equipping parents, and developing volunteers.
• Strong leadership, written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Thrives in highly relational environment and works well on a team.
• Decisive, responsive, and adaptable to change in an often fast paced environment.
• Enjoys challenges and highly adaptive to new ideas.
• Brings new ideas to ministry and adds value to existing programs.
• Ability to plan, short and long term, while organizing workload.
• Proactive and willing to seek out solutions.
• Knowledge of: Microsoft Word, Excel, Canva, MailChimp, Event Registration Software, Database Management, Adobe Creative Suite (desirable).
• Routine office procedures and business etiquette
• St. Bruno Parish Staff Handbook policies and guidelines
• Archdiocesan and Church policies and organization
May require some variable hours and on-call response after regular business hours to meet need of the parish; requires some weekend, holiday and evening work for events, or the ability to arrange coverage. These times include Christmas season, Holy Week/Easter, fundraisers, after Mass functions, etc. Local travel for business purposes may also be required.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to Jason Manley, Director of Youth & Family Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Bruno Catholic Church (Whittier)
15740 Citrustree Rd
Whittier, CA email@example.com