Saint Joseph High School, an all girls’ college-preparatory Catholic high school in Lakewood, California, is seeking a part-time American Sign Language/Spanish teacher to launch our ASL program for grades 9 and 10 in the 2022-2023 school year. Ideal candidate will have a BA in Deaf Studies or equivalent, experience teaching ASL in a high school, and fluency in English and Spanish is a plus. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Design and facilitate immersive instruction in American Sign Language and Spanish as assigned.
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons to all students in class
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress, attainment, and behaviors of one’s students
• Develop and use instructional material suitable for verbal and/or visual instruction of students with wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturity.
• Facilitate student learning by enriching regular curriculum materials and instruction with a variety of engaging instructional techniques and activities.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to: Mrs. Judy Luttrell Bradley firstname.lastname@example.org
BA in Deaf Studies or equivalent
Experience teaching in a high school
Fluency in English and Spanish a plus
Saint Joseph High School (Lakewood)
5825 North Woodruff Avenue
Lakewood, CA email@example.com