St. Anthony High School, located in Long Beach, CA and founded in 1920, is a Catholic four-year, coeducational, college preparatory high school serving students in the greater Long Beach area. St. Anthony High School provides an affordable Catholic co-educational, college preparatory education to students from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds in the greater Long Beach area. We are committed to academic excellence and the spiritual, social, physical, and intellectual development of each student within a safe, caring, faith-based community. Students are prepared to become morally aware, academically capable leaders who are outstanding contributors in a complex technological and global society.
St. Anthony High School is looking for an experienced full-time Visual Arts Teacher who is committed to:
- Modeling the faith life and exemplifying the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Church
- Preparing students to enter an increasingly challenging, complex, secular, and technological society with a thorough program that integrates intellectual development and promotes 21st Century Skills mastery
- Uses a student-centered approach guided by the California VAPA Standards
- Developing an adaptive skill set that guides and promotes rigorous and engaging lessons
- Collaborating with colleagues within the VPA Department and other departments on curriculum and pedagogy
- Supporting and upholding school policies
- Participating in ongoing professional development in the fields of their subject matter and the art of teaching and learning.
- Developing in the students a greater appreciation for multiculturalism so that they can better serve the local and global community in the realization that in diversity there is dignity
- Supporting parents in their role as primary educators
- Maintaining professional standards
- Performing other duties as reasonably assigned
- Courses may include introductory-advanced drawing and painting, 3-D Arts, Media Arts
- Prior teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts or related field
- Master’s Degree and/or Teaching Credential
Please submit a cover letter and resume with 3 current professional references to SAHS.Resumes@longbeachsaints.org
No phone calls, please.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Anthony High School (Long Beach)
620 Olive Avenue
Long Beach, CA email@example.com