12-Month Full Time, Exempt
• Assumes the responsibility for the day-to-day operation and management of the school, in the absence of the Principal, or when so delegated by principal.
• Supervises the Deans(s) of Students, Campus Ministry, Christian Service, Student Activities Director, Attendance Officer and Director of Security in their roles and duties. Oversees South Bay and OC bus drivers.
• Conducts annual and on-going performance evaluations of the Dean(s) of Students, Student Activities Director, Attendance Officer, and Director of Security. Assists in long-term planning and daily operations
o Assists in calendar planning and bell schedule organization.
o Responsible for daily bell schedule and the programming of bell systems.
o Manages school marquee in conjunction with Director of Marketing.
• Assists in the coordination of student formation program and Tribe activities in collaboration with campus ministry office
• Coordinates assignments for supervision—daily, co/extra-curricular events, and administrator
• Assists in coordination of lunch program with vendor (currently Lunch2You).
• Assists (when needed) the Substitution Coordinator and/or the VP of Academics in assignment of substitutions.
• Assists in coordination of Formation Events (Service Projects/Retreats, etc)
• Program management of Student Discipline & Security Services
o Supervises the Dean(s) of Students
o Responsible for annual student discipline orientation.
o Determines appropriate action to enforcing disciplinary rules based on school policy.
o Provides recommendation in the suspension and dismissal of students.
o Manages Probation contracts and probation list
o Chairs the Disciplinary Board
• Facilitates the monthly Operations Meetings.
• Member of the Administrative Team
• Coordinator/Member of the Graduation Committee.
• Coordinator/Member of the Senior Exit Interview Process (Capstone)
• Member of WCEA Leadership Team.
• Member of Youth Ministry Team and CEPC.
• Program Over-sight
o Coordinates the school-wide Drug Screening Program.
o Responsible for planning and execution of Emergency Preparedness Program.
o Manages the operation and review of Security Camera System.
o Coordinates Vision Screening Program.
o Coordinates with Director of Security for additional security needs (daily/evening/weekend/event/football)
• Assists in general supervision of all faculty and staff.
• Conducts investigations, when necessary, into matters of employee misconduct and reports findings to Principal.
• Assists in interview process of prospective students (incoming 9th grade and transfer students).
• Assists in orientation and on-boarding of international students with Admissions office
• Assists in hiring new faculty.
• Advises the Principal on matters of the professional competency of faculty and staff.
• Perform such other collateral duties as may be prescribed by the School, including but not limited to substitution, direction and supervision of students both during and after normal school hours, and administrative work.
• Master’s degree in Educational Administration or equivalent.
• Knowledge of and advocacy for the mission of Catholic Education
• Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
APPLICATION: To apply please have applicants send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references, Attention: Dr. Kris Anderson at email@example.com
St. John Bosco High School (Bellflower)
13640 Bellflower Blvd.
Bellflower, CA firstname.lastname@example.org