Dolores Mission School is a Catholic parish grade school (TK-8) committed to serving low-income families in Los Angeles. Together with the family, we strive to educate the whole child, academically, spiritually, physically, and morally, in a nurturing environment.
Our students and their families are part of a larger faith community with a rich cultural identity. As an integral part of a Jesuit parish, our goal is to empower our children to rise out of poverty by becoming educated leaders in their community, “women and men for and with others.”
The TK teacher will assume personal responsibility for the academic progress of all students: He or she will implement a coherent, research-based curriculum, document and share all lesson plans, assignments, rubrics, and other instructional materials and methods · He or she will also use consistent school-wide practices and individualized methods to engage students in the classroom.
Classroom Management : Create, monitor, and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards · Provide structure in the classroom by developing and reinforcing school-wide rules and expectations · Ensure smooth operation of all classroom instructional functions without excuses or exceptions
Data Analysis · Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine curricula and instructional practice · Evaluate academic achievement through data analysis of student performance
Student Support & School Culture · Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues· Develop and maintain positive, strong, and safe classroom culture
The TK Teacher will communicate and collaborate consistently with colleagues, administration, and parents while providing an age appropriate educational program for students transitioning into Kindergarten.
Please send cover letter, resume, and any other relevant documents to Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher
Qualifications & Experience
• Previous teaching in an Elementary School or Pre-School is highly preferred
• Classroom management while providing academic instruction
• Make data-driven decisions while fostering a positive and safe classroom culture, focused on student learning
Desired Skills & Characteristics
• Possess a growth mindset and passion for learning
• Collaborative colleague who is a team member that is willing to volunteer in roles beyond the classroom
• Knowledge of current approaches to assessment, benchmarking and tracking of results
• Professional awareness about the role of technology in 21st century schools
• A practicing Catholic who is results oriented, self-motivated, dynamic, energetic and creative
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to motivate and lead diverse learners
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to perform the job.
Dolores Mission School (Los Angeles)
170 S. Gless Street
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com