The Archdiocese of Los Angeles Department of Catholic Schools is committed to a vision of growth that rests firmly on the goal of recruiting, placing, and empowering visionary, transformational school leaders. We celebrate and hold fast to the values upon which our Catholic schools exist and for which they were founded and we appreciate that our children’s schools are not the same as those we attended. A Catholic school leader has tremendous impact not only on the school, but on the life of a Church community. Consider investing your vocation with us in our Los Angeles Archdiocesan Catholic schools. Help us transform the lives of students and the trajectories of entire communities. We seek those who see the possible and can help make it happen.
The Archdiocese of Los Angeles proudly serves three counties in the Greater Los Angeles Region; Los Angeles County, Santa Barbara County and Ventura County. With over 250 schools in the Archdiocese, there is a Catholic school in your area ready to educate and facilitate a child’s ability to learn at the highest levels. We are home to the nation’s largest Catholic school system, serving nearly 80,000 students from a diverse cross section of our community. Catholic schools through their “Catholic school advantage” have lifted up entire generations of families. We are proud of this legacy, yet we also believe our most impactful days remain ahead. We know this to be true as we stand witness to the daunting burdens vast numbers of at-risk students in our midst carry with them each day. More educationally at-risk students reside in our region than during any other period in history. We must redouble our efforts. Our schools have space, and each desk is an opportunity to transform a life. Until each child is afforded a first-rate Catholic school option, until every quality desk is occupied, our vision will not be realized. For this, we will need the most talented set of visionary leaders we have ever recruited. Join us. Become one.
- Faith-filled and Focused: Rooted in a well-formed Catholic identity and grounded in a Catholic worldview, practices critical reflection and makes mission-driven and data-informed decisions
- Hopeful and Entrepreneurial: Imagines, articulates, and executes an innovative vision
- Inspirational: Recruits and motivates faculty, achieves educational excellence through teamwork
- Growth Mindset Leader: Assesses and adjusts, creates and advances a vibrant and collaborative culture of excellence, prioritizing action items in order to achieve the mission
- Standards Bearer: Leads the school community in delivering the highest quality curriculum yielding academic successes and holistic achievements for all students
- Equity-Minded Educator: Fuels equity of educational opportunity, culturally inclusive practices
- Fiscally Responsible: Demonstrates solid stewardship for short-term financial management and long-term financial planning
- Collaborator: Values, engages, and connects parents, the parish and local community, and other partners in supporting programs and opportunities to maintain and grow the school’s presence and impact
- Relatable and Trustworthy: Communicates appropriately and effectively with all stakeholders
Candidates who successfully complete our Department of Catholic Schools selection process are recommended for interviews in parishes that are seeking a new principal for their schools the 2018-2019 school year.
Minimum 5 years teaching experience, at least 2 of those 5 years in Catholic education
Earned Master’s degree
California Credential (teaching and/or administrative)
Preference given to candidates with Catechist certification
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING (via email, preferred or US Mail):
Cover letter (no greater than 2 pages), answering the following questions:
1. Why do you find yourself being called to Catholic school leadership?
2. Speak to two Attributes that you possess and your most recent experiences exercising these Attributes.
Résumé (include all work- and service-related experiences, dates and education related to the position)
EMAIL: AMSilva@la-archdiocese.org & JTaylor@la-archdiocese.org
SALARY/BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with education and experiences. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles offers health benefits including medical, dental, and vision and all employees are enrolled in pension benefits from the time of employment and considered vested after five years of full-time employment.
Attn: Anna-Marie Silva
3424 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Archdiocese of LA (Los Angeles)
3424 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010AMSilva@la-archdiocese.org