Saint Joseph Dual Language Catholic School is seeking a dynamic Spanish teacher to teach Transitional Kindergarten for half the day and Kindergarten for half the day, starting immediately.
- Demonstrated record of success working with early childhood and/or primary grade students and be a team player, as the teacher will need to work closely with the TK and K English language teacher.
- Passion for and experience with curriculum development and assessment.
- Well-organized, highly energetic, and deeply caring.
- Ability to plan and implement a rigorous academic curriculum in line with the Common Core and Archdiocesan standards.
- Skill in differentiation and classroom management.
- Willingness to collaborate with parents/families and fellow teachers to create and deliver a global, service-oriented curriculum.
While not required, the most competitive candidates will possess or be working on the following:
- CA teaching credential and/or Masters in Education.
- ESL/Bilingual endorsement.
- Reading endorsement or significant training in literacy development.
- Experience teaching in a dual immersion program.
- Understanding of dual immersion programming and research.
If you love partnering with parents, are curious and a true learner, interested in networking with dual language Catholic educators across the nation, and are enthusiastic about culturally responsive, justice-oriented global education, please apply today. Please send a cover letter explaining your particular interest and suitability for this position as well as a resume to Principal Vivian Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Joseph Elementary School (Pomona)
1200 Holt Avenue
Pomona, CA email@example.com