St. Pius X- St. Matthias Academic is seeking a full-time Theology teacher who can teach all levels of Theology (9-12)
St. Pius X – St. Matthias Academy believes that college education is a right rather than a privilege, and that every student deserves a chance to pass through that gateway to success in life. Every day, our caring teachers enthusiastically promote each student as a significant member of the community, guiding them past any obstacles that could keep them from seizing academic, personal, and spiritual growth opportunities. Our graduates will not only thrive in college, but after earning their degree they will be seen as role-models who give back to their community and ensure other students follow their path.
Each teacher strives to create a total learning atmosphere with students in the classroom, be creative in approaches to teaching, recognizing individual differences in students. They are to prepare for each course a classroom teaching plan based on existing departmentally approved course outlines. This plan will consist of weekly lesson plans, syllabus which includes a timetable of tests, quizzes, homework and major projects (term papers, research projects, etc.), and curriculum maps.
All religion teachers in Catholic high schools must:
1) Be practicing Catholics with an active sacramental and faith life and a commitment to ministry in education
2) Have a strong theological foundation in Catholic theology
3) Continue theological and faith formation to include personal, spiritual, and psychological development
1) Bachelor’s degree in theology, religious studies, and/or Archdiocesan religious certification
2) Three years of teaching in high school students in subject area preferred.
3) Must be an active and practicing Roman Catholic.
Please send resume and references to:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Include “Theology Teacher” in the subject line
St. Pius X – St.Matthias Academy (Downey)
7851 E. Gardendale St.
Downey, CA email@example.com