Immaculate Heart High School, an independent, Catholic, college preparatory school for girls, located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, California, seeks experienced Theology Teacher for 2020 – 2021 school year. Applicants should be familiar with and supportive of the educational and spiritual philosophy and mission of a Catholic high school.
We are seeking a teacher who is well-versed in Catholic teachings and certified by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate is able to connect with students with compassion and grace at whatever state students may be on their faith journey. The ideal candidate will help students build upon their faith as they matriculate through high school and graduate as confident young women with a solid theology foundation. The position would include teaching the following classes:
• 9th grade: New Testament
• 9th grade: Sacred Scriptures
• 10th grade: Love, Choices and Vocations
• 10th grade: Sacraments, Church and Liturgy
• Bachelor’s degree – preferable in theology
• Prior high school theology teaching experience
• Archdiocese of Los Angeles Religion Teacher Certification required
Interested candidates should email the following to: email@example.com
• In subject line, indicate position you are applying for.
• Letter of Interest
• Resume reflecting educational and professional background
• Name and contact information for three professional references
• A personal essay describing applicant’s teaching/learning philosophy, especially as it would benefit young girls
• Copy of college transcript and credential (at time of interview)
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org