Flintridge Sacred Heart is a Catholic, Dominican college-preparatory high school whose mission is to educate young women for a life of faith, integrity and truth. We are currently seeking a full time Theatre Technical Director / stagecraft teacher. The job entails executing the technical elements of set design/construction, oversight of light, sound, and rigging for all Visual and Performing Arts department productions and other community-related events. Supervising student and professional crewmembers; collaborate with various designers; and some in house sound and lighting design work as needed. Management responsibilities include scheduling the use of theatre spaces in coordination with the department and assisting with events by outside departments using the theatre space; the Technical Director must be present for all events in the Theater to either run the event or act as support staff to ensure that safety protocols are followed and the theater is not damaged in any way. The technical director is responsible for installation, repairs, ensuring annual safety inspections of theatre and its equipment. In addition to the technical director role, the position includes teaching 1 class of stagecraft.
The job requires flexible hours for events outside school hours with evening and weekend commitments along with the regular school hours for the stagecraft class.
A successful candidate is collaborative, adaptive, creative, and passionate about education in the arts. They must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work closely with other members of the department and school community in a wide range of scenarios. The applicant should have a background in technical theater with extensive knowledge in set building (design, construction, painting, etc.) as well as lighting and sound design. Familiarity with non-traditional set/prop construction and materials is a plus.
The Visual and Performing Arts department is a vibrant program that aims to challenge, and extend artistic traditions while nurturing the creative habits of young artists at every level. Flintridge Sacred Heart recently completed the expansion of their Visual and Performing Arts facilities which includes a brand new shop space and brings together all branches of the department under one roof. This is an exciting moment to join a dynamic team of creative and collaborative individuals.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
• Experience with production and facilities management in the performing arts
• Extensive experience with hand and power tools
• Basic lighting, design, sound engineering skills.
• Knowledge of industry standard software such as Qlab
• Possess knowledge of industry standard equipment such as ETC Ion and SmartFade lighting consoles, microphone systems.
• Experience with live streaming events
• Follows and has working knowledge of standard safety protocols (for self, students, and independent contractors).
• Minimum 3 years’ related experience, preferably in an educational setting
• Must pass background checks including DOJ LiveScan fingerprinting
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and clear MVR (for pickup/return of production related items)
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
• Some heavy physical effort which may include frequent standing, walking and lifting of heavy equipment.
• Ability to lift, carry and/or pull up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to walk up or down stairs or ladders.
• Adverse movements required such as reaching overhead, bending, or crouching.
• Excellent sensory skills are important (sight, hearing and speech) as well as the ability to communicate effectively.
To apply, please send a resume and portfolio of your work to email@example.com .
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy is an equal opportunity employer. They encourage minorities, females, disabled and qualified veterans to apply. They evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
In addition, the candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
• Strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills
• A passion in one’s own work and the performing arts
• Experience in project management
• Problem solving and flexibility
• A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and positive energy
• A commitment to diversity and inclusion
• An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (La Canada Flintridge)
440 St. Katherine Drive
La Canada Flintridge, CA firstname.lastname@example.org