The Confirmation Coordinator is a passionate and active Catholic with a desire to minister to teens. This position requires a person with a willingness to interact with teens, the ability to pray with them, and impart the treasure of the Catholic faith to them through the Sacraments, relational ministry, formation, retreats, and opportunities of service.
• With Pastor and Family Ministries (FM) Director, plans a vision for teen confirmation preparation at the parish.
• Plans appropriate calendar and curriculum with confirmation requirements for the year including onsite and possibly online parent, teen sessions, service projects, etc as well as at home activities for families.
• With the FM Administrative Assistant, monitor and address attendance issues.
• Plans and implements location, transportation, insurance, housing arrangements and activities for yearly one day year one retreat and weekend year two retreat.
• Organizes and leads parent informational meetings, prayer gatherings, teaching nights, etc.
• Takes lead in recruiting, training, and managing a team of volunteers.
• With FM Director, plans and implements logistics for confirmation ceremony, along with rehearsal and reconciliation service.
• Posts regular and relevant content regarding our confirmation program on all Parish social media accounts.
• Oversee FM Administrative Assistant as they maintain accurate and up to date records of candidates.
• Maintains up-to-date Safe Environment Certification for self and all volunteers in the confirmation program.
• With FM Director, plan Family Faith Formation Sunday evening Mass at 1-2 times a month.
• Communicate regularly with Pastor, FM Director, parish staff, volunteers, teens, parents and as needed with sponsors or other parish/community leaders.
• Team player willing to grow deeper in their faith as we work together in the Mission of the Church.
• Devout, practicing and fully initiated Roman Catholic in good standing.
• Passion for their faith and for ministering to teens.
• Experience in parish confirmation programs as well as youth ministry.
• Can communicate clearly and effectively to both teens and adults.
• Presents the teachings of the Catholic Church accurately and without misrepresentation.
• Experience planning and implementing confirmation classes.
• Ability to pray for, with and over teens, parents and volunteers.
• Proficient with office computer programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher as well as social media sites.
Submit cover letter and resume to
Teresa Duran, Family Ministries Director at: email@example.com
St. Pancratius Catholic Church (Lakewood)
3519 St. Pancratius Place
Lakewood, CA firstname.lastname@example.org