We are searching for an enthusiastic Computer Teacher/Tech Support to promote computer literacy and Computer Science among our students. In this position, you will be required to craft and present lessons, develop teaching material, and attend parent-teacher conferences. Computer Teachers should also ensure that equipment remains in excellent working condition.
To ensure success as a Computer Teacher, you should demonstrate flexibility and support as you help students and staff to develop confidence in their computer skills. An outstanding Computer Teacher will be cognizant of the socioeconomic factors that limit access to technology, and will make a concerted effort to acclimatize students with no prior exposure to technology.
Computer Teacher Responsibilities:
• Planning lessons and activities that facilitate students’ acquisition of basic and advanced computer skills.
• Instructing in a manner that develops students’ confidence in their abilities.
• Observing and managing classroom dynamics.
• Invigilating and grading projects, quizzes, and examinations.
• Tracking and communicating students’ advancement throughout the course.
• Ensuring that the computer laboratory remains free from food and drink at all times.
• Downloading important software updates and maintaining hardware (including office equipment). Configuring and installing, scanners, printers, terminals, OS, drivers, etc.
• Attending parent-teacher and faculty conferences.
Computer Teacher Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
• Teaching certification for the level at which you will be instructing.
• Prior experience as a Computer Teacher (including coding, programming and robotics desirable).
• Own, reliable transport is preferable.
• First aid training is advantageous.
• Excellent presentation abilities.
• Strong written and administrative skills.
• Nurturing, adaptable approach to instructing.
• Passionate about fostering computer literacy and academic excellence.
• Bilingual (desirable).
Special Requirements for Saint Benedict School:
• Ample knowledge on Apple Systems including iPads, MacBook, iMac, iOS, MacOS.
• Strong knowledge on Google Suite for Education (administration console and remote assistance, meetings, etc.).
• Great foundation on networks, telecommunication and security.
• Experience on Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Software (Office).
• Experience on Chromebooks and Chrome OS.
• Prior experience with Linux systems is a plus.
• Experience with 3D Printing.
St. Benedict School (Montebello)
217 North Tenth Street
Montebello, California email@example.com