Saint Raphael School is a preschool – 8th grade school and a ministry of the vibrant Catholic Community in Santa Barbara. We are seeking a dynamic, professional, qualified teacher for the 2023-2024 school year.
The successful applicant will:
• Demonstrate an understanding of the unique social-emotional and academic development of intermediate grade students.
• Exhibit knowledge of intermediate grade curriculum and CCSS, instructional strategies, and classroom management necessary for student success.
• Promote effective collaboration between staff, students, and families.
• Express an understanding of learning and teaching in a Professional Learning Community.
• Display the ability to make thoughtful, informed decisions; and the ability to teach in an environment that demands the integration of theory and practice in a Catholic environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to teach in an environment that demands the integration of faith and reason.
The minimum requirements are:
An undergraduate degree (BA, BS) from an accredited university or college.
A California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, a California Single Subject Teaching Credential, or equivalent from another state.
Full-time teaching experience.
Ability to join a professional community of educators committed to providing a challenging standards-based curriculum in a Catholic environment of service.
Ability to use technology and adaptive/assignable programs.
In addition to the above, the preferred requirements are:
An advanced degree (MA, MS) in Education. Intermediate grade teaching experience.
Please send .pdf files before April 17, 2023:
(1) a cover letter stating your interest to work as a teacher at Saint Raphael School; (2) a complete résumé; to Ms. Michelle Limb (firstname.lastname@example.org) Only complete applications will be considered. Thank you.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Raphael School (Santa Barbara)
160 St. Joseph Street
Santa Barbara, CA email@example.com