The primary responsibilities of the Summer Reading & Math Teacher are to create and execute a rigorous intervention program for students struggling in literacy in grades Tk-2nd. The summer school teacher’s Other responsibilities include: delivering a high-quality, rigorous, and practical curriculum; planning, implementing, and reflecting upon all aspects of instruction in the assigned areas to realize the school’s mission in a Catholic faith-filled environment.
• Teach academic skills, foster intellectual habits, and cultivate strong work habits to support learning.
• Design a rigorous curriculum that includes the school’s standards as well as the California State Content Standards and Common Core Standards.
• Plan, prepare, and implement lesson plans that utilize a variety of instructional strategies and differentiate teaching based on the diverse and individual needs of all students
• Implement classroom management techniques to create a nurturing, safe, and structured learning classroom environment.
• Value and draw upon students’ experiences and backgrounds.
• Develop and administer various assessments to measure students’ growth towards goals and monitor student mastery of the content standards.
• Analyze informal and formal student assessment results and use this information to drive and inform instruction.
• Build positive and trusting relationships with students, families, and community members
• Arrive at school no later than one-half hour before school starts and leave one-half hour after school concludes on weekdays.
• Strive to exceed standards on California Standards of Teaching Profession
• Perform other duties as assigned
Hourly Position: Monday – Friday (20 hours /week)
Summer School Hours: 8:00-12:00
Date: June 26 – July 21 (only four weeks)
• Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
• Possession of a valid internship, preliminary, or clear multiple subject or single subject California teaching credential.
• Minimum of three years of successful, full-time, lead teaching experience in reading/literacy required.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023
Position Starting Date: June 26, 2023
Submit resume and cover letter.
A list of professional references with telephone numbers; written reference letters may also be provided.
Please submit the requested information to
Vanessa Rivas, Principal
Subject: Summer School Primary Teacher Position
To access additional information about Our Lady of the Rosary School, please visit Rosary’s website: www.olrcatholicschool.com
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Our Lady of the Rosary School (Paramount)
14813 Paramount Blvd.
Paramount, CA firstname.lastname@example.org