Hourly Position: Monday – Friday (35 hours /week)
Camp Hours: 8:30-2:30
Date: June 27 – July 22 (only 4 weeks)
Education & Experience:
Must have completed your first year of college or equivalent by the time camp begins.
Must have at least 1-year of experience working with youth.
Requires California Department of Justice level background check and fingerprinting service.
The teacher is responsible to ensure positive, high-quality care and supervision of the children in their care at all times. They are responsible for planning and implementing the daily activities. They need to work with the budget given. In addition, the Teacher is responsible for ensuring that all space and equipment are safe for the students.
Major tasks required:
1. Oversee the planning and implementation of the summer camp program of a single multi-age classroom of children (aged 6 to 12).
2. Supervise the support staff and volunteers of this classroom in a manner that is team based, inclusive, and respectful.
3. Ensure the safety of children through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, proper maintenance of equipment, and regular practice of emergency drills and
4. Ensure that child care includes hygienic routines such as washing hands, disinfecting areas, and carrying out health checks.
5. Ensure that students have something to eat for snacks and lunchtime.
6. Create and maintain a tidy, pleasant, inviting atmosphere in which children feel
comfortable and secure, and parents feel welcome and reassured.
7. Create and coordinate safe and enjoyable activities for all campers, and actively participate in all aspects of the campers’ day.
8. Provide a variety of experiences that promote physical, emotional, cognitive, and social development for the group so that the success of each individual experience while at camp.
Our Lady of the Rosary School (Paramount)
14813 Paramount Blvd.
Paramount, Ca firstname.lastname@example.org