This is an exciting opportunity to gain hand-on instructional teaching and leading experience with rising 5th through 8th grade girls and boys during Camp Louisville. Camp Louisville consists of three unique weeks of enrichment programming, with themes of Leadership, Creative and Performing Arts, and STEM. Throughout each week there will be games, activities, and learning opportunities for campers to dive into the specific theme for that week. There will be a fully planned curriculum of activities for the counselor to follow, ensuring a consistent learning environment for each camper. In addition, high school student volunteers will also aid in overseeing the campers and executing the daily programming. Ideally, we are looking for the same counselor to teach all three weeks.
Essential Job Functions:
• Teach and engage with campers in an active and positive learning environment
• Lead and support campers as they work through various activities
• Oversee and facilitate planned art and craft projects, learning activities, and other programs
• Promote and support the potential of all campers and facilitate camper-to-camper connections as part of the overall program experience
• Maintain close supervision of campers
• Clean and maintain camp facilities and equipment
• Ensure adherence to school policies including health and safety standards
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Child Development or equivalent degree and/or work experience preferred
• Ability to lead and manage student campers and student volunteers
• Ability to be flexible and tailor teaching approach to different learning levels
• Previous middle school teaching experience preferred
• Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Must be organized and able to manage time effectively
About Louisville: Founded in 1960, Louisville High School has a rich history of empowering young women to develop their confidence, integrity, and faith to meet the needs of an ever-changing world. We are an all-girl, college preparatory high school located in Woodland Hills, California. We seek faculty and staff who are enthusiastic about ongoing professional learning and engaging students in their development and who will contribute to our vibrant and supportive community. To learn more about Camp Louisville and all of the wonderful aspects of the school, please visit our website at www.louisvillehs.org.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to HR@louisvillehs.org. Please put the job title in the subject line.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Louisville High School (Woodland Hills)
22300 Mulholland Dr.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364HR@louisvillehs.org