St. Cyril of Jerusalem School is a Preschool-8th Grade Private Catholic School. The STEM Teacher will implement Disciplinary Core Ideas (DCI) in Life Sciences, Earth and Space Sciences, and Physical Sciences based on California New Generation Science Standards. DCI classes will be taught for grades 6th-8th, while STEM projects will primarily be conducted for grades 1st-5th.
Engage students in complex, real-world tasks that require them to investigate and respond to questions, problems, or challenges. Teacher is expected to teach collaboration, time management, writing and presentation skills in a cross-curricular approach.
Design, develop, and implement NGSS-aligned K-8 science curriculum materials, including lesson plans, assessments, science fairs, and instructional resources.
Collaborate with the leadership team, teachers and staff to align curriculum with state standards, foster a collaborative learning environment, and enhance science education across all subjects.
Develop and implement formative and summative assessments to measure student understanding and guide instructional improvements.
Research and Stay Current:
Stay informed about the latest developments in science education, educational technology, and curriculum design, and integrate innovative practices into curriculum development. Serve as subject-matter-expert and function as coach, representative, and point-person for all science-related events and activities.
• Commitment to professional conduct, team-building, on-going professional growth and teacher-accountability
• Bachelor’s degree in education, science, mathematics, computer science or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
• Proficiency in technology integration and implementation using GoogleClassroom,iPads,PC/Mac as learning tools
• Strong classroom management skills
• Must share the St. Cyril community’s vision and mission to love God, love self, love others and love learning
• Uphold the importance of personal values, moral standards, and integrity by being a role model in the school community
• Valid Commission on Teacher Credentialing Certificate in K-12 preferred
• Two or more years of prior teaching experience as a full-time teacher preferred
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Cyril of Jerusalem School (Encino)
4548 Haskell Avenue
Encino, CA email@example.com