Please apply using this link:
The Staff Accountant is a newly created position located in the Business Office of Loyola High School of Los Angeles (Loyola) that will report directly to the Controller. The person will assist the Controller in all duties as assigned. They will work with all of Loyola’s constituencies – including but not limited to faculty, administrators, parents, vendors, as well as other members of the Business Office Team.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Set up all new student accounts through FACTS Management for the new fiscal year with a heavy interface and collaboration with the Admissions Department
- Work with parents to ensure registration in FACTS Management
- Prepare any miscellaneous general ledger entries pertaining to student billing
- Monitor all outstanding accounts receivable and report to the CFO and Controller monthly or as often as needed
- Prepare a month-end aging report for CFO and Controller
- Maintain sub-ledger accounts for extended payment plans and financial aid
- With the support of the CFO and Controller, direct credit and collections
- Assist with monthly accruals
- Analyze the general ledger for accuracy in posting
- Review and analyze the budget to actual numbers. Assist CFO in variance analysis as needed
- Distribute budget to actual and variance reports to Loyola department managers
- Assist in binding detailed department financials and their corresponding schedules
- Assist in bank reconciliations under the direction of the Controller
- Assist in maintaining and reviewing reports from the Bank as well as other institutions
- Assist in providing weekly cash reports to the CFO and Controller
- Assist Controller in reconciling designated bank accounts, fund accounts, and development activities.
- Assist Controller in preparation of schedules and work papers for the annual audit, taking instructions from the Controller, and the CFO
- Assist in maintaining permanent files for all audit schedules
- Provide continuity in the accounting department by learning job functions and filling in where needed.
- Prepare account reconciliations as directed.
- Assist the CFO in the preparation of department budgets and forecasts
- Accumulate statistical data to assist in the preparation of reports for the School’s organizations (i.e., Jesuit Schools Network (JSN), California Independent School Business Officers Association (Cal-ISBOA), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), etc.).
- Compliance with government reporting of informational tax returns in conjunction with outside auditors, as well as other reporting requirements of Los Angeles County and city etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related discipline with a minimum of five years of experience in accounting or a related discipline. Significant related experience may be considered in place of the degree. The candidate should have experience with general ledger applications, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll, and be willing and able to communicate frequently with the Controller, as well as the Vice President of Finance and Administration (Chief Financial Officer; or CFO) and other Business Office Team members. School experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate will possess the following personality traits: team player, energetic, receptive to new ideas, extremely customer service oriented, and comfortable in an educational setting where students to adults are present.
The candidate should have excellent organizational skills and be proficient in: Blackbaud Financial Edge accounting software and FACTS Management (or similar financial and billing program applications); Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint, as well as demonstrate a willingness to learn financial accounting software and other programs as assigned.
Physical Skills and Abilities
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to travel between campus locations; the ability to sit, stand, squat, bend, walk and occasionally manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 – 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, and operate equipment.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not considered to be an exhaustive list of all duties to be performed. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Loyola High School of Los Angeles (Los Angeles)
1901 Venice Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com