Accepting Résumés for Resource Teacher
Saint Monica Preparatory (formerly St. Monica Catholic Elementary School) is a ministry of the vibrant St. Monica Catholic Community in Santa Monica. We are seeking a SST/Resource Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
Student Success Team (SST)/Resource Teacher
Saint Monica Prep has an established SST/Resource Teacher program to help students achieve and to help teachers increase their ability to teach in diverse class settings.
Saint Monica Prep currently serves approximately 25-30 students with social, emotional, and/or academic needs. We work in the classroom, pull students out for individual work and small groups, collaborate with parents and local public school districts), have IEP/ISP/504 students and St. Monica identified at-risk students, and we typically work with students on remediation, organizational skills, learning strategies, work ethic, study skills, test taking strategies, and provide alternative environments for students to demonstrate learning and mastery.
The SST/Resource Teacher also participates in school-wide data collection through benchmarking, standardized testing, and classroom scores. He/she assists in the disaggregation of student data to assess at-risk students, and reports student learning data to shareholders – i.e., teachers, administrators, parents. The SST/Resource Teacher also collects progress monitoring data for students in the SST process and reports data to shareholders; and helps facilitate the Response to Intervention process.
The Student Success Team (made up of the principal, the resource teacher, the school psychologist, and a general classroom teacher) meets once a week to discuss newly referred students, review student progress, and make decisions about best practices for supporting students.
Academic Intervention Work currently being done (non-comprehensive list):
Letter ID; letter sounds, blending, segmenting, sounding out; sight words; organizational skills; presentation of work; reading comprehension & fluency, foundational math skills, concepts, & operations; instructional support; etc. Individual and small groups pull out support as well as push in support.
We model our work on the following from NASP –
SST/Resource Teachers are uniquely qualified members of school teams that support students’ ability to learn and teachers’ ability to teach. They apply expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior, to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. SST/Resource Teachers partner with families, teachers, school administrators, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community.
SST/Resource Teacher has demonstrated skills in:
- Data collection and analysis
- Progress monitoring
- School-wide practices to promote learning
- Resilience and risk factors
- Consultation and collaboration with students, teachers, admin, and parents
- Academic, social-emotional, & behavioral interventions
- Instructional support
- Prevention and intervention services
- Special education services
- Crisis preparedness, response, and recovery
- Diversity in development and learning
- Research and program evaluation
- Professional ethics, school law, and systems (particularly in regards to students with disabilities)
- The Archdiocese of Los Angeles STEP (Support Team Education Plan) process
- Educational evaluation processes
- Adapting Individualized Education/Service Plans to implement at St. Monica
The minimum requirements are:
- An undergraduate degree (BA, BS) from an accredited university or college.
- A California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, a California Single Subject Teaching Credential, or equivalent from another state.
- Full-time teaching experience.
- Ability to join a professional community of educators committed to providing a challenging standards-based curriculum in a Catholic environment of service.
- Ability to use technology effectively in LMS and adaptive/assignable programs.
In addition to the above, the preferred requirements are:
- An advanced degree (MA, MS) in Education.
- Primary, Intermediate, and/or Middle School grade teaching experience.
Please send .pdf files :
a cover letter stating your interest to work as a teacher at Saint Monica Prep;
a complete résumé; to Dr. Neil Quinly, Principal, email@example.com by July 30, 2022
Only complete applications will be considered. Thank you.
Saint Monica Prep (Santa Monica)
1039 Seventh St.
Santa Monica, CA firstname.lastname@example.org