La Salle College Preparatory is seeking a dynamic and passionate individual to join our team as a High School Speech Coach. As the Speech Coach, you will play a pivotal role in nurturing the talents of our students, helping them develop their public speaking and debate skills, and preparing them for competition at various levels. Your dedication and expertise will contribute to the continued success of our Speech and Debate Team.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AS A MEMBER OF THE LASALLIAN COMMUNITY
- Promotes and carries out the Lasallian mission and its Core Principles
- Design and/or implement courses and units that effectively promote department outcomes and adhere to the scope and sequence as determined by the department;
- Engage students in an active, effective learning environment;
- Collaborate with peers to develop, review and improve curriculum;
- Communicate consistently with students, parents and school personnel;
- La Salle looks to employ faculty and staff who share its core values of being compassionate, collaborative, enthusiastic, and humble
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR SPEECH AND DEBATE
- A coach who can assist and lead a speech team practice
- Ideally someone who competed or coached before
- Logical and analytical
- Willingness to meet in the afternoon
- Travel several weekends a school year
- Help plan travel
- Must be 25 years of age to drive schools vans
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR SPEECH AND DEBATE
- At least 2 years competition experience
- At least one year Speech Coaching experience
- Ability to coach the various Speech Events
- Willingness to travel to away tournaments
- Develop and implement a comprehensive speech and debate curriculum that aligns with the needs and goals of the team.
- Provide individualized coaching and feedback to students to improve their public speaking, argumentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Organize and oversee regular team meetings, practices, and workshops.
- Help Select appropriate speech and debate events for competition and assist students in choosing events that match their strengths and interests.
- Prepare students for local, regional, and national speech and debate tournaments, including assisting with research, case development, and strategy.
- Foster a positive and inclusive team environment that promotes teamwork, sportsmanship, and respect among students.
- Attend and supervise students at speech and debate competitions, providing guidance and support throughout the events.
- Stay up-to-date with current trends and developments in speech and debate education.
- Experience in a Catholic high school setting.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
La Salle College Preparatory (Pasadena)
3880 E. Sierra Madre Blvd.
Pasadena, CA email@example.com