Position Title: Spanish Teacher for 2022/23 School Year
Department: Modern Language
Reports to: Modern Language Department Chair
As part of an international network of Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM) schools, Marymount High School is an independent, Catholic all-girls school with the core purpose of educating and empowering young women to live lives of consequence as ethical leaders with a global perspective and an unshakable commitment to the common good.
The Teacher is a full-time teacher and member of the Modern Language Department, reporting to the Department Chair. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment where value is placed on the skills and passions of the instructor.
• Develop a challenging curriculum for students to master the four skills of language learning: listening, speaking, reading and writing
• Implement project-based learning to focus on student-driven discovery and exploration of Latin American and Spanish culture or other culture as applicable for language
• Utilize differentiated instruction to meet student needs
• Incorporate the use of technology in the classroom to enhance student learning
• Compose varied assessments to measure student progress and to evaluate effectiveness of lessons
• Establish an immersive language-learning classroom where students develop proficiency in the target language
• Offer collaborative and individual learning opportunities that support student growth
• Serve as grade level advisor
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred
• Three (3) years previous teaching experience, preferably at the high school level
• Strong background and understanding of teaching Spanish language; Multilingual teaching experience encouraged
• Experience integrating technology into the classroom
Marymount High School (Los Angeles)
10643 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org