The Catholic Church has an incredible story to tell, and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles is paving the way for digital evangelization. Our specialties include video production, photography, design, website creation, and social media campaign development. We’re looking for a Social Media Coordinator to support the Archdiocesan digital content strategy.
The position of Social Media Coordinator, reports to the Content Strategist and will support the digital team in content planning, content development, platform management, advertising, data analysis, and ministry communication. The ideal candidate is passionate about their faith and intrigued by the chance to communicate God’s love and mercy along the digital highways.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
The Content Strategist’s responsibilities are:
- Assist team in planning content calendars for social, editorial, website, audio, visual, and video content
- Attend events and on-site location shoots to contribute to live social media coverage
- Create social media copy and design simple templates for the various archdiocesan social media platforms
- Support planning for strategic marketing campaigns across digital and print mediums
- Research trending topics to inform various ministries in content strategy and content calendars
- Schedule content for distribution across social media channels using third-party tools and native platforms
- Assist team in creating ads and monitoring ad performance for campaigns
- Work with the Content Strategist and SEO Specialist in generating weekly analytic reports for internal analysis and review by various ministries and Archdiocesan offices
- Identify trends in content results to optimize content strategy and provide strategic recommendations to the Chief Digital Officer
- Assist team in communicating with freelance designers, copywriters, videographers, and photographers including project assignments and deadlines
- Support Digital Engagement Manager in parish outreach as needed for event promotion and content development
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or any related field
- 2+ years of experience on a marketing team or nonprofit or
- Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, needed to complete tasks effectively
- Knowledge of Archdiocesan principles, practices, and organization
- Interest in and understanding of the Catholic Church’s teachings and role
- Awareness of current issues and conditions affecting the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and the wider Catholic Church
- Fluency in social media platforms for both personal and evangelization purposes
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and InDesign
- Basic photography skills and understanding of photography basics
- Strong copywriting skills, both short- and long-form content
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof-reading, and speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills both in-person and by phone with high professionalism
- Excellent customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Utilize computer and office equipment
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Sit and/or stand for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
- Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, twisting and walking.
- Reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling, typing
- Office Environment
- Exposure to moderate office noise levels
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found here.
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume to: employment@la-Archdiocese.org.
Please submit the email with the following subject line: Your First & Last Name, Position applying for, Location
Digital Media (Los Angeles)
3424 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, California firstname.lastname@example.org