EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, Non-Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Operations
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work and in their daily lives. Individuals are to be treated courteously and professionally with the utmost regard to confidentiality.
The parish site support staff member is an employee, who models a lifestyle of missionary discipleship. To perform the job successfully, an employee must be confident and comfortable assuming responsibility for all stages of the duties of this position and possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are considered essential functions of the position:
1. Check church, hall, classrooms, and meeting rooms ensuring that all tables and chairs are arranged according to parish schedule and/or designated setup.
a. Assist facility users with scheduled events.
i. Room Assignment.
ii. Room set-up and clean-up.
iii. Guidelines for facility use.
iv. Requested equipment.
v. Verify schedules.
2. Set up facilities for special events as requested.
3. Facility security
a. Open facility as required.
b. Secure facility as required
i. Ensure that all bathrooms are not occupied.
ii. Ensure all interior and exterior doors are secured.
iii. Ensure all non-essential lights are turned off.
iv. Ensure parking lot is cleared of vehicles
v. Ensure that driveway gates are secured.
4. Ensure that all public areas are clean and neat.
5. Inspect property/facility for safety hazards.
6. Wash down the plaza and sidewalk areas every other week, ensuring all food items have been removed.
7. Empty exterior trash bins every Friday. Cleans trash bins monthly.
8. Clean interior trash bins monthly.
9. Clean whiteboards in classroom every other week.
10. Clean church book racks and church pews weekly, replenishing offertory envelopes, Breaking Breads, and other seasonal publications.
11. Duplicate parish and ministry documents as directed by Director of Operations
12. Maintain hospitality supplies for ministries as required
13. Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Cleaning procedures and use of related equipment and chemicals
• Work flexible shifts including nights and weekends
• Honor and maintain confidentiality
• Frequently lift up to 50 pounds
• Frequently move tables and chairs
• Frequently perform tasks requiring climbing, crouching, kneeling, stooping and bending.
• Stand and walk for a sustained period of time.
Organizing and planning, Windows and/or Mac OS; MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel; One Drive; Desktop Publishing; iTunes and/or Windows Media Player; Adobe Acrobat.
The Site Support employee should at minimum, have a high school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
The Site Support employee should have knowledge of and experience with cultural diversity of the parish. Possess a willingness to learn about the diversity found in all parish groups and the ability to work collaboratively and harmoniously with all.
Satisfactorily complete fingerprinting, DOJ background check and VIRTUS training to satisfy the requirements of the Archdiocesan “Safeguard the Children” program ensuring that all members of the Parish Staff and ministries are Virtus trained.
Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Catholic Church (Santa Clarita)
22508 Copper Hill Drive
Santa Clarita, CA email@example.com