San Gabriel Mission High School (SGMHS), an MSJ Dominican and Claretian, Catholic girls’ parish high school located in San Gabriel, CA, is looking for a creative Catholic to lead its Campus Ministry program.
San Gabriel Mission High School (SGMHS) is a college-preparatory Catholic high school located on the historic grounds of the San Gabriel Mission. In the Dominican and Claretian traditions, our faith-driven community provides a safe environment for young women to grow as spiritual, intellectual, creative, and athletic leaders. Our financially accessible opportunities serve a diverse and inclusive student body of local, commuter, and international students in the Greater Los Angeles area.
The SGMHS Campus Minister promotes the charism of the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose, Claritian Missionionaries Fathers, and the Catholic mission by working collaboratively with all stakeholders to make available to the whole community opportunities for worship, retreats, service-immersion, and pastoral care within this parish high school context.
The Campus Minister directs, assists, guides, and forms the student Campus Ministry Team in the planning, organizing, implementing, and coordination of the weekly and day to day spiritual events, Catholic identity and environment on campus. These events are done in a collaborative setting with a student campus ministry team and include but are not limited to student liturgies, prayer services, class level retreats, and service/ministry opportunities. The Campus Minister also works in partnership on other mission and ministry initiatives with other student groups and organizations to promote the Catholic mission of the school. Retreats and interaction with neighboring partner schools (for elementary school retreats) as well as our parish and Claretian Pastoral Team. The Campus Minister will work closely with the Principal for all the MSJ Dominican Sisters and Sister Schools Collaborative oversight, parish relations, and the development of the general campus spiritual atmosphere, retreats, and service projects for faculty, staff, parents, and students. The Campus Minister works closely with the Religious Studies department, Service-Learning Coordinator, and the JAM4LIFE club moderator. In addition to Campus Ministry responsibilities, the Campus Minister will be teaching.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Practicing Catholic, with an affinity for and understanding of Dominican spirituality and Catholic social teaching
- An undergraduate degree in Catholic Theology, Religious Studies, Pastoral Ministry or equivalent (an MA in the same is desirable)
- Eagerness to work collegially with colleagues and to engage in professional development
- Eagerness and ability to develop and foster positive relationships with students, faculty, and parents especially adolescent females with strong community-building skills
- Three years of post-graduate experience in university / high school campus ministry, or equivalent work experiences like parish high school youth ministry if preferred.
- Strong budgetary, communication, and organization skills, as well as a solid attention to detail
- Familiarity/ease with technology especially the Google Suite
- Have attended KAIROS as a student and/or have director experience preferred.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with 3 references including your most recent employment to firstname.lastname@example.org
San Gabriel Mission High School (San Gabriel)
254 S Santa Anita St.
San Gabriel, CA email@example.com