Founded in 1955, the Don Bosco Technical Institute is a private not-for-profit high school located in Rosemead, CA. The school is currently the only fully integrated Catholic, college preparatory, and engineering-science-technology focused school in the United States. We currently seek a Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will work closely with the President, and Business Office staff.
- Daily oversight of fiscal operations including cash receipts, student billing, banking transactions and posting to the general ledger.
- Review weekly accounts payable transactions including expense accounts.
- Monthly Bank and Investments Accounts reconciliations across multiple accounts.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Responsible for fixed assets accounting, coordinating documentation for annual audit and annual accounting reports.
- Business office and administration front lobby desk support.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting or related field. Advanced degree or CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience of progressively responsible accounting experience in fund accounting, bank reconciliations across multiple funds and accounts, endowment and investments reporting in a nonprofit environment.
- Experience with QuickBooks Premier financial software and FACTS Management Advance Accounting software.
- Solid Excel proficiency including pivot tables, formulas and lookups. Familiarity with nonprofit Donor Management system, Salsa CRM a plus.
Salary is determined by education level and work experience.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current résumé to:
School website: www.boscotech.edu
Don Bosco Technical Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Don Bosco Technical Institute (Rosemead)
1151 San Gabriel Blvd