Are you interested in joining a faith-filled, collaborative, and dynamic parish staff? Your primary role is to be the welcoming face for visitors and a professional and competent resource for the parish community. This full-time, hourly, in-person position supports the life and mission of the Roman Catholic Christian Community of San Roque Church in Santa Barbara. Living-wage salary commensurate with experience. Please email email@example.com for the position description and more information.
Responsible for performing financial duties that include managing accounts, processing invoices, preparing church payroll as well as maintaining sacramental records, performing receptionist duties, preparing bulletin and other administrative tasks; must have previous administrative and bookkeeping experience, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, Publisher, ability to manage multiple priorities, interact effectively with a diverse audience and perform detail-oriented tasks as directed by the Pastor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work
The following tasks are considered essential functions of the position. To perform the job successfully an employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
• Prepares a variety of correspondence, schedules, forms, and lists.
• Maintains parish records (e.g., members, Baptisms, First Communions, Marriages, etc.); maintains routine accounting records such as accounts payable/receivable items; and generates reports, lists, and labels. May maintain such records manually.
• Performs various routine bookkeeping and payroll duties including: Checking invoices for accuracy, preparing and mailing checks.
o Calculating timecards for non-exempt employees, collecting exempt employee timesheets, processing through ADP, and distributing checks.
o Calculating and maintaining accurate balance in checkbook.
o Maintaining accounting ledger using double-entry bookkeeping to enter receipts and disbursements.
o Preparing and making bank deposits; counting and depositing cash.
• Sets up and maintains files and other records (e.g. accounting and other business records, baptisms, deaths, marriages).
• Ensures adequate office and church supplies are available; orders and receives supplies as necessary; meets with sales representatives to discuss Church needs and prices of items; calls equipment repair companies for service when necessary.
• Acts as receptionist, answering telephones and greeting visitors; uses tact and discretion when listening to parishioners in need of assistance, referring them to priests and others as appropriate.
• Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church; participates in Church activities including attending services; assists with ministries and other activities.
• Performs related duties as the Pastor directs.
Education and Experience
• Any combination of experience and education likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
o High school graduation.
o Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeping training.
o Minimum of 5 years of secretarial experience.
• Friendly, helpful, positive attitude
• Demonstrated communication skills, verbal and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher), ParishSoft with demonstrated ability to learn new systems and software
• Strong organizational and time management abilities; self-starter able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Team player and collaborative and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
• Performs related duties as required and assists in special projects as necessary.
San Roque Church (Santa Barbara)
325 Argonne Circle
Santa Barbara, CA firstname.lastname@example.org