St Bede the Venerable School in La Canada-Flintridge is seeking a vibrant, experienced full-time Science teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. St. Bede the Venerable School has a modern, dedicated science lab classroom with equipment and supplies to support a solid science program.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references.
• Implement and teach daily lesson plans utilizing Twig, our newly adopted science curriculum, based on Next
Generation Science Standards in the 6th, 7th and 8th grades.
• Prepare, with a growth mindset, daily lesson plans with measurable objectives, procedures, and assessment.
• Design a classroom conducive to the needs of various learning styles.
• Deliver high quality, engaging instruction in the form of hands on learning activities, project-based learning,
demonstrations and direct instruction.
• Integrate technology throughout the curriculum.
• Organize 8th grade science fair. Guide and support students through the process of developing and conducting a
science fair project. Encourage students to enter their projects in the Los Angeles County Science Fair.
• Create a joyful, supportive and engaging classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with
one another through student-centered instruction, collaboration and authentic assessment.
• Provide Twig Science support to K-5 teachers and/or support Physical Education.
• Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with students, colleagues, and parents.
• Contribute to the life of the School and Parish outside the classroom.
• Participate in faculty and departmental meetings and perform various faculty supervisory duties or additional duties as
The qualified candidate will support the integration of the Gospel values of Christ, and the teachings of the Catholic Church within the entire school experience. In addition, this teacher shall participate in a collaborative faculty culture and be comfortable integrating technology into the structure of classroom instruction. Flexibility and creativity in structuring classroom experiences for each student and solid classroom management practices are necessary. Candidates must be reliable and open to establishing an active partnership with parents and other faculty to maintain the family atmosphere of our school. Openness to faith, a positive attitude, and commitment to helping our school grow is critical.
The qualified candidate should possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• CA Single Subject Science Credential preferred or CA Multiple Subjects
• Classroom experience.
• Comfort and familiarity with the integration of technology into the
• Familiarity with and open mindedness regarding the practice of the Catholic
Faith is a plus.
St Bede the Venerable School (La Canada)
4524 Crown Avenue
La Canada, CA firstname.lastname@example.org