Science Teacher Job Description
- Designing and aligning quality lesson plans and curricula that adhere to state and archdiocese standards and school guidelines.
- Drawing up suitable assessments and delivering helpful feedback to students, parents, and other teachers.
- Establishing classroom, lab, and field trip rules and regulations and ensuring that all students understand what is expected of them.
- Setting up demonstrations and assisting and supervising students while they conduct experiments.
- Providing extra resources, support, and interventions for students who are struggling in collaboration with the school learning resource coordinator.
- Ensuring all permission slips are signed in a timely manner and acting as a field trip chaperone when required.
- Grading papers, updating records on a regular basis, and handling various administrative tasks.
- Creating an environment where students feel comfortable asking questions and voicing concerns.
- Collaborate with administration, teachers and parents in the best interest of the students and school.
- Participating in school activities including school liturgical activities, attendance to school fundraisers.
Science Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or a related discipline.
- A relevant teaching certificate or license.
- Minimum five years teaching experience.
- Practical experience with MS Office, Google Classroom, and remote learning (if needed).
- Dedication, patience, and the ability to remain calm in tense situations.
- A passion for science and a commitment to continuing education.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
Position open for 2022/2023 school year
Pay: dependent on qualifications and experience
Contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School (Pasadena)
2660 E Orange Grove Blvd
Pasadena, CA email@example.com