BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The AP Chemistry and Honors Chemistry teacher is a 10 month, exempt position that reports to the Chair of the Science Department, and the administrative team of Principal and Vice Principals. There may be additional opportunities to teach during summer school.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
– Demonstrate passion and expertise in the teaching of AP Chemistry and Honors Chemistry as well as laboratory sciences such as biology, anatomy and physiology or forensics.
– Familiar with the AP Chemistry requirements as determined by the College Board.
– Well-versed in multiple areas of science and science education.
– Proficient in the use of technology in the classroom and willing to incorporate it as a strategy to engage learners.
– Plan lessons that reach a wide range of learners and learning styles.
– Instruct five full credit science classes, assigned at the discretion of the Science Department Chair. In addition to AP Chemistry and Honors Chemistry this may also include biology, anatomy and physiology, or forensics. This involves lesson planning and presentation, collaborating with other teachers, student assessment, and student support, as needed.
– Develop, plan and present effective and engaging lessons to students in a classroom and online.
– Relate to high school students, and build positive relationships while maintaining healthy boundaries.
– Collaborate, problem solve, and share best practices with colleagues.
– Exhibit a high-level of familiarity and competence across cultures and multiple perspectives.
– Show competence and familiarity in technology skills, and desire to keep learning.
– Display excellent classroom management, communication, and organization skills.
– Participate in school-wide and departmental faculty meetings and professional growth opportunities.
– Engage in the life of the school community through presence at school Masses, assemblies, rallies,class retreats, sporting events, visual and performing arts events, etc.
– Chaperone and supervisory responsibilities during school day and some evening and weekend events.
– Meet with students and parents, as needed, during x period, before, and after school.
– Write college letters of recommendation for students when appropriate.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
– A degree in chemistry or a related field.
– Bachelor minimum, Masters and teaching credential preferred.
– Minimum of two years teaching experience at the high school level
APPLY at the following link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=35100&clientkey=C6559529A1BC6455924EE89368D2BC1Fhttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=35100&clientkey=C6559529A1BC6455924EE89368D2BC1F
Notre Dame High School, Sherman Oaks (Sherman Oaks)
13645 Riverside Drive
Sherman Oaks, CA email@example.com