Our Lady of the Rosary School, in Sun Valley, is currently looking for a school secretary/registrar who will provide secretarial and administrative support to the Principal and designated school staff. We are looking for candidates who have experience in a Catholic School Environment and are willing to serve the community with commitment and dedication.
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages school-level student information system, including but not limited to enrollment, withdraws, student scheduling, demographic records required for census and audit compliance, updating and accuracy of demographic information, daily attendance, records/files maintenance, open enrollment, immunization records, schedule implementation, annual student information system setup and placement of students. Follows safe school practices to ensure the safety of students’ rights and records. Assists other office staff with visitors, student assistance, and phones.
- Greets visitors and provides general assistance.
- Must have open and clear communication within the office administration
- Maintains current knowledge of legal requirements for protecting student information.
- Maintains open enrollment.
- Registers students in classes and manages student adds, drops and transfers.
- Maintains accurate and balanced class counts.
- Manages student files and records, including health records.
- Manages the input, maintenance, and reporting of student information into the student system.
- Completes trimester grade verification and distribution.
- Receives and forwards all student record transmittals for accurate and complete student record files as directed.
- Manages files for the transition of 8th grade students to high schools.
- Annually sets up the student information system at the school level.
- Maintains the school master schedule each year and implements changes as required by staffing and/or student enrollment adjustments. Communicates with parents, students, and staff providing general information.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Skills, ability, knowledge and professionalism
- Ability and desire to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints.
- Must be able to comply with the school’s attendance policies as described in established guidelines.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance and follow the Dress Code.
- Must be a team player and get along well with others.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to multitask.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have excellent communication skills both in Spanish and English.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills.
- Must have an excellent memory and the ability to function well under stress.
- Must demonstrate an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
- Must demonstrate flexibility, common sense, and good judgment.
- Must have the ability to keep abreast of information pertinent to the job.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Interpersonal, relational skills are required.
- Must have knowledge of how to post digital devices and how to use technology devices such as computers, iPads, etc.
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Experience equivalent to graduation from high school, including or supplemented by courses in general office practices and procedures, computer data preparation, and clerical and secretarial experience. Preferable two years of college.
- Must submit a cover letter and resume
- Letters of recommendation
- Professional References
Email to ATTN: Principal email@example.com
Our Lady of the Holy Rosary School (Sun Valley)
7800 Vineland Ave
Sun Valley, CA firstname.lastname@example.org